Whenever I try to open HTML files (and these only) on my desktop by right-clicking and choosing "Edit with Notepad++," the program cranks out an error that says
"C:\Documents doesn't exist. Create it?"
"C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop \and doesn't exist. Create it?"
If I click "No" on both, it simply refuses to open the HTML document I requested.
If I click "Yes" on the first, it creates a file named "Documents" in drive C.
If I click "Yes" on the second, it creates a file named "and" on my desktop.
....and still refuses to open the HTML file.
This sounds like the program is oddly unable to read spaces in file folder locations...
May I know if it's the first time to install Notepad++ v5.1.3 (I assume it's the latest version)?
If you update your Notepad++ from an older version, how do you update it?
It is the first install that I've done on this particular PC, but I've used it for a long time prior on other machines and had no such problem.
I usually let NP++ do its own auto-update. This is the latest version from SF.
What is your Windows' version? (and sp version if present).
What's your Notepad++ version?
Windows XP Pro SP3.... I think NP++ is 5.1.3, but I have that computer off at the moment. Anyway, doing a full uninstall and *then* reinstalling NP++ seems to have cleared the problem. hmm.... wonder if it had anything to do with the WindowManager plugin dll...
> wonder if it had anything to do with the WindowManager plugin dll...
I thought you said it's the first time to install Notepad++ so it's a clean installation...
Could you confirm me the shell extension bug comes from WindowManager plugin ?
which version of WindowManager plugin?
Oh, my sincere apologies for the confusion...
It was indeed a fresh install, first time on the machine, WITH the Window Manager plugin 1.2.1. When the bug started, I removed the Window Manager DLL, to no effect (rebooting the program to test it). Fearing possible residual error or file corruption, I reinstalled (without uninstalling first) to no effect. After this I fully uninstalled it, and then reinstalled again, and now it seems to work fine.
It might be worth noting for any debugging purposes that I had also tried to install the SecurePad 1.0 DLL plugin, but NP++ rejected it (too old) and automatically removed it.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.