executing macro automatically

2008-10-29
2012-11-13
  • ciccio pasticcio

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a way to execute a macro when notepad++  start up.

I know that is possible to run np++ from a command line as from F.A.Q. :

"notepad++   -n150   E:\notepad++\PowerEditor\src\Notepad_plus.cpp"

may i pass other argument in the command line (the number of the macro)?

The aim is opening a file, making some operation on it, saving and closing all.

Any suggestions?

• Airdrik

Airdrik - 2008-10-30

Here seems like a case where command-line tools and scripting languages shine, since they don't require the starting up of a graphical interface to do at least as well the job you are having NP++ do. 

As for specifying a macro to execute on startup, I have no idea.  Looking at the available command-line arguments, it is not possible. 
      Perhaps a plugin could be made to automatically execute a script or a macro on documents that are opened (with an easy way of turning on/off the plugin), if such doesn't already exist. 

• ciccio pasticcio

Ultraedit do the Job, if you call it from a command line specifying the macro to execute :-(

Hope it can be implemented in NP++ too in next releases

Regards
        Enzosan

• evinben

evinben - 2011-09-02

do you know how to run automatically a macro every time by opening a batch-File (.bat)?

I need to change fist to Language “MS-DOS-Style” and after that back to Language “Batch” to edit correct a batch file.

Thanks in advance for your help

• cchris

cchris - 2011-09-02

Is the bat extension associated to the MSDOS ini style language? If not, that's how to do the job. Do the binding on Settings -> tyler Configurator. Also try checking whether bat is already bound to some other language.
    You can do both by editing langs.xml and searching whether "bat" is an extension already mapped.

CChris

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks