Column Edit Mode

2005-04-28
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hiya,

I really like Notepad++, and I use it regularly. But one thing I find a bit frustrating is the column edit mode. Unlike most other editors that offer this feature, I am not able to select an area beyond the end of the shortest line. Shouldn't it allow you to select everything beyond the end of line?

Also, when you select multiple lines of text, and then try to insert a tab, I notice that the indented text does not conform to the tab stops.

For example, I have my tabs set to 4 spaces. If I were to select 4 lines of code that have each been indented by 2 spaces I would expect them to indent 2 more spaces to take them to the first tab stop when I press tab. Instead, they are all indented by 4 spaces, regardless of the tab stop positions, resulting in them being indented by a total of 6 spaces.

Is this intentional? Can the etting be altered?

Thanks alot,

Rob.

• Nobody/Anonymous

> "I really like Notepad++, and I use it regularly. But one thing I find a bit frustrating is the column edit mode. Unlike most other editors that offer this feature, I am not able to select an area beyond the end of the shortest line. Shouldn't it allow you to select everything beyond the end of line?"
      --

I came here to post this exact sentiment.
      Column select mode should select all text within the rectangle defined by the upper left (start drag) and lower right (end drag), regardless of line lengths.

David

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks