How to edit my own "Run..." ...

2011-05-07
2012-11-13
  • pavel neskazhu

pavel neskazhu - 2011-05-07

Default commands placed in c:\program files\notepad++\shortcuts.xml, and where can i find file with my own "Run…" commands? In shortcut mapper i can only edit shortcut for commands and name of a commands.

• cchris

cchris - 2011-05-07

Simply add your own commands to shortcuts.xml, using the same format, which seems pretty straightforward.
    Only tricky bit may be to find the proper key number. They are the standard Windows VK codes. You can be lazy and set Key to 0, changing it from the shortcut mapper later.
    Also: since Notepad++ overwrites shortcuts.xml on shutdown, use a different editor to add your commands. Or follow the instructionsat http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/notepad-plus/index.php?title=Configuration_File_Editing

CChris

• cchris

cchris - 2011-05-11

shortcuts.xml, as stated.
    All these commands are defined inside the UserDefineCommands tag.

CChris

• pavel neskazhu

pavel neskazhu - 2011-05-18

did you see the screenshot?

• Vera

Vera - 2011-05-18

Hi,

if you added a new run command and it's still there after reopening NP++, then you know it had been saved somewhere.

It's in a shortcuts.xml allright - but where is it stored and used?
    1. in NP++ rootfolder - if you run the editor in portable mode
    2. somewhere in %appdata% (c:\document…\user..) if NP++ is run in installed mode

A way to find it can be:
    - open NP++ and modify any run command
    - close NP++
    - do a file&folder search for 'shortcuts.xml'
    -> in the result window sort the modified date row and the last modified one should be the one you're looking for.

btw - you're right you can't modify an existing run command, you can only create a new one (same name is possible) and delete the old one.

greetings ~ Vera

• cchris

cchris - 2011-05-20

Sure did.
    This is why I am telling you that you cannot do it simply using the shortcut mapper. perquant gave you a way to achieve what you wish using the shortcut mapper only.
    I mentioned that you can also open an XML Notepad++ configuration file named shortcuts.xml and edit it. Could you state what your remaining problem is?

CChris

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks