possible to show only filename in title bar?

2005-08-03
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

First, thanks to all who created what is by far my favorite text editor.

Next, is it possible to show only the current filename in the title bar (and not display "Notepad++ -<full path to current file>)?

Since I love to use the -multiInst command line option, and have a separate Notepad++ open for every file I'm editing, it would nice to see the filenames show up in the Windows taskbar. However, as is, I only see "Notepa..." in the taskbar.

Along a similar thread, since I usually only ever have one file open, and hence one tab open, in any instance of Notepad++, it would be nice to be able to turn off the tab display altogether. Is that possible?

Thanks!

-Gavin

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
      I believe a solution would be to place the name of the file ahead of 'Notepad++' and/or the path. This is a selectable option in many programs, so that one can recognise the file opened in the *Windows Task Bar* (ie. next to the 'start-button' and not in Notepad itself) when many programs are running.

• Paulius

Paulius - 2005-08-04

Uhm... You can see only filenames in tab names. So why don't you have only one npp with multiple files open? Then you can work with whatever file you want, only by clicking on the tab with its filename. I think tabs was implemented in npp, to help peaple to get rid of all those buttons in the task bar (now you can have only one).

IMHO, what you're asking conflicts with the main npp idea. At least, i am using npp because i have all my files open in one window.

I don't know what Don thinks about it, but to me this feature request just doesn't make any sence... :/

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-08-04

> what you're asking conflicts with the main npp idea.
        > ...
        > but to me this feature request just doesn't make any sence.

Agree.

Don