Nearly invisible mouse pointer

wwp
2012-09-24
2013-06-11
  • wwp

wwp - 2012-09-24

Hi there!
    I'm using a dark style for text edition (latest version of Notepad++). The background is dark, but since Notepad++ overrides the system mouse pointer in text area with a black vertical thing, I nearly can't see at all where the mouse pointer is (black over dark)!
    Is there a way to override the mouse pointer or change its color?
    TIA

• wwp

wwp - 2013-02-18

Hello.. Anyone on this?

• Curious1

Curious1 - 2013-02-19

You mean the blinking cursor is black and your background is black? When I set the style to "Obsidian" for example, my cursor is white.

Are you using a predefined style or a custom style?

• wwp

wwp - 2013-03-04

No, I'm talking about the mouse pointer, which becomes a carret when hovering over the editing area. This carret is black, over a dark editing zone it's nearly invisible.

• Predelnik

Predelnik - 2013-03-21

That's pretty strange, for me caret always have inverted color of the stuff under it, and it works fine for every background color.

• cchris

cchris - 2013-04-01

USe Settings -> Styler Configurator... -> Global styles, Caret colour

CChris

• Nem

Nem - 2013-05-03

I had the same issue. This is NOT a caret issue - it's a mouse cursor issue with a dark theme ("Ruby Blue" for me). The culprit in the end turned out to be a long-time VirtualBox bug, as described here:

https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/750

My solution was to change the "Text Select" curson to the "beam_r" cursor. Just go into Mouse Properooties -> Pointers, select the "Text Select" option, click on "Browse..." and select "beam_r.cur". From this screenshot, you can now clearly see my mouse cursor, even though I am using a dark theme.

http://postimg.org/image/wyfj6tu79/

I'm not sure if this isolated to VirtualBox or not, but changing the "Text Select" cursor has worked well for me.

• haMEs

haMEs - 2013-06-11

it works! thanks!

• haMEs

haMEs - 2013-06-11

Nem is right. This is a MOUSE POINTER problem not the CARET. Better read the problem carefully Cchris.

Last edit: haMEs 2013-06-11