Nimof - 2014-08-02

I am unable to transfer all settings from my portable installation to my
    installed one. I run Windows 7 x64. I would like all settings
    transferred, including user defined languages or any other personal
    settings.

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-08-07

Hi Nimof,

just copy all xml files from portable installation dir, into your APPDATA directory. It should be pretty easy.

Regards,
    Loreia

Last edit: Loreia2 2014-08-08
  • Thomas

Thomas - 2014-08-08

Moin, moin,

Please find attached the directory listing of my configuration file. As this installation is a usual one (not portable) all these files resides in the %AppData%\Notepad++ directory.

In your portable installation all such files are integrated in the directory where Notepad++ resides. You must collect all the xml and ini files and copy them into the directory hierachy in %AppData%.

The other choice you have is to uninstall Notepad++ completely and simply copy your portable installation to your new PC.

Regards,
    Thomas

Attachments
  • Mike Mac

Mike Mac - 2014-08-08

I installed my NPP from a zip file, and cannot find an upgrade feature as mentioned in the documentation. Does this mean I have the portable version?

Why should I upgrade to the non portable (full?) version?

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-08-09

Hi Mike,

yes, you have a portable version. Full version gives you an automatic upgrade ability, other than that you can stick with portable version.

Also portable version does not write anything to registry or system directories.

Regards,
    Loreia

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks