Crashs when opening .java file

2005-01-18
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello: I am a new user of this program and I love it, it is great. However, whenever I open a java file to do text editing the program either crashes or displays 1 line of text spanning the entire screen (buffer?). I am not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. Any advice would be appriciated.

System specs:

1.4Ghz AMD Chip
    1GB Ram
    ATI Radeon 9200 vid card
    Windows XP Professional

Thanks in advance

Zeke

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-01-18

Could you tell me :
      1. it crashes just when you open a file or when you do the other operations?
      2. does it crash when you open the other type of file?

could you send me your java file to the address : donho_AT_altern_POINT_org

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

Don HO:

When I type in text into the program when it is set to "normal text" then everything is fine. Then I change the formatting to "java" and everything is still fine. Then I save that file as a .java file. Still good. Then I open the .java file with np++ and all of sudden everything is all messed up.

As to your other two points, I can open a C or C++ file just fine and the .java that I tested it on was just a simple "hello world" test class to check out the formatting features of notepad++

I am really looking for a lightweight java editor under windows for use at work and this program would be great if I just get over this crash.

If it helps I could make some screen captures and send them to you

Thanks again

Zeke

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-01-21

Strange...
        It seems the SciLexer.dll which come with Notepad++ cause the problem...

Can you try to re-install your Notepad++ with this installer?

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/commun/npp.2.7.Installer.exe

Note it's definitely not the final v2.7 to be released because I just found a minor bug for the most-recently-used file list.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

Don:

Great, solved the problem completly. Good work. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help out your project

zeker_AT_yahoo_POINT_com

zeke

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks