feature request:comment block

2005-11-18
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
    I would like more options with the comment block command. The possibility to comment a line without having to select(part of)the line. I would also like to insert my comments at the the beginning of the line
    SCiTe has all those features

/CinMaya

• Nobody/Anonymous

very nice suggestion. I actually use a lot of comment/uncomment to debug for my Perl programs. Every time when I use Ctrl+Q to comment/uncomment, I have to highlight/select at least one letter, which is not very convenient. Is it possible to increase an option to define the minimum block size: 0 or more? Thanks!

• Mike Harris

Mike Harris - 2006-11-10

Sort of going along with this message, and going along with allowing more options for comment/uncomment block; it would be nice if you could in fact comment out whitespace, or new lines, and not require any characters to be commenting.  While probably not the most professional looking code, I have to make my code easy to read for "novices" and inserting some extra space in there usually helps.

• Nobody/Anonymous

BTW, the comment character is incorrectly set as "//" for tcl. It should be "#" instead.

Thanks.

• Nobody/Anonymous

one very useful feature is to insert text before one block, like the "column mode" of Crimson Editor...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks