Survey for shortcuts to launch Firefox/IE

Don HO
2005-05-25
2012-11-13
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2005-05-25

I'll include the commands to launch Firefox / IE to test web files opened in notepad++ in the next release. I don't know which shortcut I should use. 
    If you will use those shortcuts, please let me know your preference (Of cause you can change the default shortcuts binding to the 2 commands afterward).

Don

• adam1213

adam1213 - 2006-07-04

I have a web server that I use, and because I have pages in PHP going through the server shows them up properly, I made a thing that opens http://localhost/file

By looking for path\htdocs\ and anything after htdocs\* goes at http://localhost/\*
      It would be really good if notepad++ supported this kind of thing where you search for a certain word in the full path and can use what is after it.

If anyone wants a copy of my add on let me know

Also one of the things that should be added is language to shortcut support. For example I only want to use my add in through the key i assigned when editing html, htm, or php, however i would like to be able to use the exact same key when editing autoit script files to launch them.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi all,

I have a PHP solution for adam1213:

<?
        // File "npp_run.php" at the web root folder
        $path = str_replace('\\', '/', $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);

$path = str_replace(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']), '', $path);

header('Location: ' . $path);
        ?>

Then run from NPP:
        http://localhost/npp_run.php?$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)

Your file will open in the default browser.

Rico

• newcoder

newcoder - 2005-05-28

Sorry, cant help you out on that one.  I think the functions will be a useful addition, but I dont know what shortcuts would be logical.  Thanks for all your hard work!

Newcoder

• Don HO

Don HO - 2005-05-30

Finally I use :

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I to launch IE

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+X to launch firefoX

Of course you can change the shortcut.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

how i can change shortcuts ? because i didn't found the dialog box to do this

thx in advance

• Anonymous - 2006-07-13

Rico, the script is a very good idea but you should rather use str_ireplace in the second line, because the drive letter is sometimes upper- and sometimes lowercase.
      For example on my box NPP sent the path with uppercase drive letter but SCRIPT_FILENAME contained lowercase drive letter.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks krzysiu!

It was just a quick script to speed things up, I didn't tested on many machines.

It worked for me, I stopped there...

Rico

• Nobody/Anonymous

> "how i can change shortcuts ?"

I think you have to modify this into
      an *.xml file in your np++ folder.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks