2012-05-28
2013-07-17
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2012-05-28

Yo!
    The version 6.1.3 come out:
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/news/notepad-6.1.3-release.html
    Thank Dave for his fix of xml tag match performance issue and Anton for the fix of project panel.

Don

• szczepank

szczepank - 2012-05-28

Hello,
    all people have to go first on your Homepage to see what (small) fixes the Release brings. A Better way is to put the Changes in your mail ;-)

Szczepan

• Anonymous - 2012-05-28

It would be better if Notepad + + is when you select "Save Session", not simply create xml-file, but would create a file in a specific format, which then itself be able to open without having to select "Open Session" but just as a link .

• cchris

cchris - 2012-05-28

Define a custom extension for session files in Settings -> Preferences -> MISC. Then N++ will behave just like you said on files with such extension. Avoid .xml, because other confguration files that are not sessions have this extension.

CChris

• cchris

cchris - 2012-05-28

@dazzafakt:
    This information is also available on http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/notepad-plus/index.php?title=Releases, with the possibility of a small delay needed to gather and reformat release information. BTW I'm going to update it within 15 minutes.

CChris

• Proton

Proton - 2012-06-02

Since version 6 major, Notepad++ cannot type Thai character.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-06-02

@bariz:

Could you provide more detail and screenshots?

Don

• MrBig Ouzo

MrBig Ouzo - 2012-06-04

Hello Don,
    i like it, the best editor
    one little thing to make it better is:
    you can save the session to load next time, you store positions and many other things, but if you set a file for "Read-Only" right mouseclick on the tab or in the Doc Switcher, this is lost. Everytime i start my session, i have to set my files for this flag. I use often the replace function over all files, and if i dont set the orginal files to "Read-Only"  this files are all changed.
    I think this is a little change in the config or session file

Thank you
    Regards

• thedarki

thedarki - 2012-06-04

Incorrectly spelled in the Cyrillic documents with encoding UTP-8 without BOM on Windows 8 Realese Preview.

• Marcin

Marcin - 2012-06-05

For me there should be a new checkbox named Reverse match or something. I found some regexp ^((?!my string).)*$ but I can understand it. The reverse match check box will be very helpful. The simple

if(ResultOfMatch ^ !InvertMatchCheckBox.Checked) // xor operation
    HighlightLine();

• Marcin

Marcin - 2012-06-05

Is there edit button? It should like this

if(ResultOfMatch ^ InvertMatchCheckBox.Checked) // xor operation
    HighlightLine();

• leetoo

leetoo - 2012-06-05

v6.1.3 clickable links in .txt don't work anymore, in v6.1.2 they work

• Anonymous - 2012-06-06

When I try to resize the bottom box with "search all files" results, it throws this exception:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/capturegjn.png/
    It was OK before I installed Windows 8 Release Preview x64, not sure if it's related.

• MrBig Ouzo

MrBig Ouzo - 2012-06-06

Hi Don,
    search window is now without refresh. Open find window with Transparency on, change to the result window (no window is docked) the content of the find winow is lost. change the mouse over all parts from the find window and you will see the correct content, this is on XP SP3

• Proton

Proton - 2012-06-06

Hello Don,
    Sorry I post is slow. Here is screenshot

• Anonymous - 2012-06-07

Hi,

Thanks for your great editor!

I found a little bug in the tabs. When I have a lot of tabs, they go to 2 lines. But when I remove some tabs to fit it on 1 line, the space that was used for this 2nd line doesn't go away.

I didn't notice this behavior in a previous version.

When I resize the window (maximize and back), the space is removed.

I use v6.1.3 unicode (win7 sp1 x64, dutch)

screenshot: http://i48.tinypic.com/2qsusqt.png

• Anonymous - 2012-06-08

Hi,

Great great editor!

I notice that since the last release 6.1.3, opening or switching from one XML file to another take a really long time now.
    I reverse to the previous version 6.1.2 and it's fine.
    I'm using Notepad++ with Windows XP 32 bits and have the XML tool plugin installed.
    My XML files are big. Average size is 10000 lines, with a lot of tags.

Thanks

• Pieter Nieuwoudt

When I open an xml file with the following text in it, all the text after line 3 is grey (not color coded).
    If I shorten the parameter file="" in the script on line 3 with 7 characters or more everything works again.
    Have the same problem with Notepad 2 so I think its a bug in Scintilla :(

<groupdef id="two.info.seeker">
        <script file="@WINAMPPATH@\Plugins\classicPro\engine\scripts\sc_liveSeeker.maki" param="two.info.seeker.slider.1"/>
    </groupdef>
    <groupdef id="two.info.text.other">
        <text id="two.info.text.other.kbps" x="0" y="3" w="52" h="12" align="center" valign="center" text="" fontsize="14" color="black" font="Calibri"/>
        <text id="two.info.text.other.size" x="0" y="13" w="52" h="12" align="center" valign="center" text="" fontsize="14" color="black" font="Calibri"/>
        <text id="two.info.text.other.hz" x="0" y="23" w="52" h="12" align="center" valign="center" text="" fontsize="14" color="black" font="Calibri"/>
    </groupdef>

• Dave Brotherstone

@pjn123 - looks like the lexer is noticing the fact that a "script" tag can't be an self-closing tag.  If you either split the <script … /> to <script …></script> or use any other tag name, it works. 

What's interesting, is that actually, if you look at the style information when the text is "uncoloured" (you can do this in Python Script - see note later), then the text is actually "styled" (as in, it's recognised the tags and so on), they're just using different style numbers, probably to highlight the fact that the script tag is "incorrectly" closed (according to HTML).  I believe the XML and HTML langauges share a lexer, or are at least based on the same thing.

Unfortunately the style information is hard coded into N++, as well as in the stylers.xml, so just adding to the stylers.xml might not be enough.  If you want to have a go (I've not checked the source, so I don't know if it will work), you basically need to add styles 46, 41 and 48.  Try editing the stylers.xml outside of N++ and see if that helps.

From the python script console, using the following command will give you 50 bytes of style information:

editor.getStyledText(editor.getCurrentPos(), editor.getCurrentPos() + 50)

I'm kinda looking at providing a new interface to the styling information, so that everything is customisable, and there's nothing hard coded, but it's about number 4 on a todo list with 2 big items at 1 and 2 :)

Cheers,
    Dave.

• Dragon Chuang

Dragon Chuang - 2012-06-11

v6.1.3 does not auto resize Tab Bar height when tab bar from 2 lines to 1 line.

Perferences:  Multi-line checked

thanks. :)

• aLex

aLex - 2012-06-17

Line nuber column does not resize on regions collapsing.

• Dmitry Osinovsky

I confirm the problem with typing non-latin character (like cyrillic). Instead of cyrillic I get umlauts: "ìàìà ìûëà ðàìó". This is in Windows 8 preview, don't know about Windows 7.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks