2013-08-17
  • Matt

Matt - 2013-02-17

Hi, the following line in a bash script seems to break the bash theme:

if [[ $PWD == /path/to/bla ]]; then path='N:\Path\'; fi

think the syntax is correct?

thanks

• François-R Boyer

Yes, you are correct, \ should not escape inside single quoted strings in a bash script. You should check if the problem still exists in latest Scintilla version (test it in latest version of SciTE), then check their bug tracker to see if it is already listed as a bug.

• Matt

Matt - 2013-03-05

Hi, I haven't have the time to do the above, but will bump this in hope someone else will pick it up, sure this must effect a few people?

cough any devs reading cough

• François-R Boyer

Yes, devs are reading (my name is in the official list of contributors). Except for user defined languages, all syntax highlighting is provided by Scintilla, so this is a problem in Scintilla. You have to check with the Scintilla project to have a fix; if it is fixed in Scintilla, it will be integrated in next major release of Notepad++.

• François-R Boyer

Hi Matt,

Yes, Notepad++ is still using Scintilla 2.27, which is dated 2011-06, and is thus almost 2 years old. The main dev (Don HO) says "Scintilla will be updated in the next major version." (posted 2013-02-04). I suppose it should be "real soon now" ;)

• Matt

Matt - 2013-08-17

Hi, just bumping this because this issue is still present in 6.4.5

thanks

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2013-08-17

Hi Matt,

upgrade of Scintilla is ongoing. Please be patient.

BR,
    Loreia

• Neomi

Neomi - 2013-08-17

Hi,
    since I am using a custom build Notepad++ based on Scintilla 3.3.4 based on patch #467 (actually my version already contains Scintilla fixes since that version, but I didn't want to update that patch again before an official 3.3.5 milestone) for testing, I can confirm this bug to be fixed in Scintilla. The formatting is correct for me, and I double checked with the regular Notepad++.

Edit: didn't see the link to the Scintilla thread before, which already states this to be fixed. So nothing new in my post.

Last edit: Neomi 2013-08-17