Happy new year to all!
While reviewing the documentation, I was struck by what appeared to me as somewhat inconsistent in the current default mapping. We have:
- Ctrl-K and Ctrl-Shift-K to block comment and uncomment. Good.
- Ctrl-Shift-Q to stream comment
- nothing to stream uncomment, even though this commmand is now available
- Ctrl-Q for toggle /block/ comment.
- Ctrl-Q : stream comment
- Ctrl-Shift-Q : stream uncomment
- Ctrl-Alt-K : toggle block comment
Ctrl-Q is the one I use all the time, and I find it to be the most useful of the bunch.
Converting it to something that requires use of two hands (anything with ALT feels awkward) would downgrade usefulness of Npp for me.
Maybe Visual studio way could be considered?
Ctrl-K, Ctrl-C, stream comment
Ctrl-K, Ctrl-U, stream uncomment
It is. But N++ does not support double hotkeys at this point. One of many various projects of mine for which there is hardly a line of code. Enlarging the set of available hotkeys will become a necessity.