SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

François, issue on EMPTY HTML file, with YOUR SciLexer.dll

2013-06-22
2013-06-24
  • THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2013-06-22

Hi François,

I test the issue, that Byzod found out and spoke about, in the post, at the address below :

http://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331753/thread/bac49dd8/#3465/d05d

I made this test with a fresh de-zipped version, from the Notepad++ 7z package.

Indeed, I noticed that N++ crashed on opening an empty file test.html, while using your beta SciLexer.dll. On my XP SP3 computer, I immediately obtain the error message below :

• An exception occurred. Notepad++ cannot recover and must be shut down.
      The exception details are as follow:
      Code: 0xC0000005
      Type: Access violation
      Exception address:0x1008C7BC

If I go back to the normal 6.3.3 Scilexer.dll, nothing happens and this empty file can be loaded correctly.

Moreover, as I set the Remember current session for next launch option, in Setting / Preferences / MISC, Notepad++ just crash at start-up, if I use, again, your beta Scilexer.dll !

If, with an other editor, I add ONLY ONE character to the file test.html, then Notepad++ starts normally. As soon as I delete this character, to get again an empty html file, there's a crash on next opening of N++ !

This behaviour happens also with an '.xml' file, but it's OK with a text file. I didn't try all the extensions for this empty file, but with some of them, there's no problem !

I don't doubt that you'll find out the guilty code, very soon :)

BTW, what are your impressions concerning my lastest Regex post, at the address below ?

https://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331753/thread/328af373/#de7a

Cheers,

guy038

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2013-06-22
  • François-R Boyer

Hi Guy,
    I never received the emails about those two messages. Am I the only one missing some messages from Sourceforge? (It's not the first time it happens.)

I now replied in those threads...

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2013-06-24

No, you are not the only one, email notifications on SF are extremely unreliable.

BR,
    Loreia