Can't change the fonts

jetboy2k
2013-06-04
2013-06-09
  • jetboy2k

jetboy2k - 2013-06-04

I just downloaded NP++, and it’s pretty cool. But one thing is driving me nuts. I want to set the font to a specific family, but no matter what I do, when I save my changes and close them, then re-open NP++, the font reverts back to the original family. I’ve done the following:

1. Open Selected Settings ==> Style Configurator
    2. Set Language=Global and Style=Global Override
    3. Set the Font name to the font that I want to use
    4. Set Language to HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and set Style=DEFAULT for each of the languages (i.e.,. picked the language and then set Style=DEFAULT three times)
    5. Clicked the Save&Close button
    6. Closed NP++
    7. Re-opened NP++

Every time I re-open, it’s back to the original font family. And what’s even more frustrating, is that when I execute the above steps, the font does change to the selected family – it just won’t stick when I close and re-open NP++

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

• GerdB

GerdB - 2013-06-04

I'll try a wild guess: you are running on Vista/Win7/Win8 and had that "Don't use %APPDATA%" Option checked at install? Then you need to run Notepad++ as Administrator to enable it to save your changes.

hth
    Gerd

• jetboy2k

jetboy2k - 2013-06-05

Gerd, that's absolutely ridiculous...why would running W7/W8 have any effect whatsoever on...

...Waaaaait a minit...;-)

Okay, joking aside, that was it exactly. I popped NP++ open as admin made the change and, sure enough, it stuck. Thanks so much, really appreciate it. Now NP++ doesn't just work great, it LOOKS great too :) Everything is in Benguiat Frisky, which is how it should be!

Thanks again, really appreciate the help.

• jetboy2k

jetboy2k - 2013-06-05

PS - no one still running Windows Vista would know how to install NP++ anyway, so you only get partial credit ;-)

• GerdB

GerdB - 2013-06-05

Glad I could help. Trouble with writing to ProgramFiles Directory is a common UAC Pitfall.

You would be wondering how many Vista installs are still around. Sometimes even by company policy!

• cchris

cchris - 2013-06-09

What I have done at work under XP, and now at home under W8, is to install to a specific directory outside Program Files. Annoyances gone.

CChris