Strange space character appearing in long lines

pixnion
2014-02-11
2014-02-20
  • pixnion

pixnion - 2014-02-11

Sometimes when I write long lines that contains something like at least 120 non-space characters, some sort of white space appears a few characters back. It's not possible to select the space, it's just something that is being displayed. Whenever it happens, switching from "Normal Text" language to some other language makes this space disappear, but if I switch back to Normal Text, it shows up again.

I'm experiencing this issue in v6.5.3, but it was the same thing in v6.5.2.

This is really strange and very confusing. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

• cchris

cchris - 2014-02-16

I assume you do not have word wrap on?

Does this happen with all plugins disabled? Rename "plugins" to "lugins" and reopen N++. If issue disappears, you are left with finding the offending plugin.

If not, then please attach a text file exhibiting the behaviour, for us all to test.

In any case, please report back.
    CChris

• pixnion

pixnion - 2014-02-20

Thanks for the reply.

Word wrap is disabled.

"Unfortunately", the problem is no longer seen, so I can't determine if it is because of a plugin or not. The problem has disappeared and re-appeared several times now, so I'll try disabling the plugins if it turns up again.

Also, to try it out, simply hold any key to insert at least 120-130 characters into an empty document.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks