Feature Request: Copy a folded block

Per
2005-05-28
2012-11-13
  • Per

Per - 2005-05-28

The folding of a block is a very usefull thing. It would be equally usefull if you could copy it while it was folded (instead unfolding it and selecting it all)

That's all :)

• newcoder

newcoder - 2005-05-28

It would be equally useful if you could copy it while it was folded (instead unfolding it and selecting it all) togaparty

I did the same thing at first, but you can copy while folded.  Or at least I have been able to in v2.9 and v3.0 (release candidate).  Ill use the following piece of PHP code to explain how.

<?php
      function npp()
      {
          echo "example npp function";
      }
      ?>

Copy/Paste code into Notepad++ and fold the function {}, which will make it appear as shown below. 

<?php
      function npp()
      {
      ?>

Start your cursor in front of the {
      Drag down and release when your cursor is in front of the ?
      When you release mouse button, make sure cursor is blinking in front of the ?
      Copy
      Go Paste the code somewhere
      It should paste the entire block :)

Alternatively:  start cursor in front of { and then use [shift] + [down arrow]
      Copy
      Paste

Hope this helps!

Newcoder

• Per

Per - 2005-05-28

Yes it did help :) I was confused about the way the program highlights stuff - it does work. Sorry to waste space :)

• newcoder

newcoder - 2005-05-30

not a problem, as mentioned, I wondered about  the same thing for a while until finally stumbling upon it. :)

Newcoder

• Per

Per - 2005-05-28

Addendum: This is because its seems it a bit difficult to copy a large block. If you could press shift and then press ctrl B to get to matching brace and select a block at the same time - you could copy a whole block quicker. But if you press shift and ctrl B you get some text which says STX

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks