Need buttons to run apps from within N++

2004-11-03
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello. Notepad++ is the gratest and the simplest editor I had ever the plasure to work with. Since I use it for Java, c, PHP, etc ..., I would like (if possible) to IMPLEMENT 3-4-5 buttons on the taskbar which can be assigned to a command. For example. I work on code and when I want to compile to press that button, which I previously assigned to compile.bat file. Also, it would be excelent if you would be able to add some key-shourcuts for those buttons, which can be customized.

Thank you in advance,
    another N++ lover!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Just came here looking for a solution for just that.. im learning C and have used C to write some of my programs.. but its a real pain when i want to compile and test my software.. Great software btw! :)

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-11-21

Hi Anonymous :)

I can do the customize commands (10-15) which will be associated with the shortcuts (no customizable).

However, they won't appear on the tool bar.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

I see the new 2.6 version does not have these features. When will it have them?

Thanks!

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-12-04

You can see the number of bugs/feature requests and the number of person who works on this project.

As well, it's an open source project (that means you pay nothing to use it and I take my free time to do it).
        So I choose the more interesting parts to me as the priority.

Now you'll understand why your request is not in the current release. When? I won't give you my words.

Don

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks