unwatned selection?

john zorn
2013-03-07
2013-04-13
  • john zorn

john zorn - 2013-03-07

hi guys,
    ive encountered what it seems to be random selections when using notepad++.
    http://imageshack.us/f/401/unwantedselection.jpg/

can anyone tell me what these are, and if they are bugs or not, and if not, how to make these not show again?

thanks

Last edit: john zorn 2013-03-07
  • Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2013-03-07

Hi John,

what is the problem on your picture? Picture just shows some user selection of text. Are you saying you didn't select the text? The only unusual thing is that you selected in three different places. This is possible if you enable "Multi-Editing settings" in Settings / Preferences / Editing .

BR,
    Loreia

• john zorn

john zorn - 2013-03-08

see, i didn't select the text. that is the weird part.

Last edit: john zorn 2013-03-08
  • Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2013-03-08

Hi,

can you reproduce this easily, or is it something that happens on random?
    Can you reproduce it with plugins folder renamed, to say plugins2?

BR,
    Loreia

• john zorn

john zorn - 2013-03-08

yeah, its random and does not occur too often. i probably wont be trying to reproduce it, because i dont use npp without the plugins, but
    i was clicking on a few div and span tags now, and i notice that their attributes and values get automatically selected. is this notepad's doing or a plugin?
    because it appears that the bug or error i posted in the image is some kind of failed attempt at this auto-selection.
    in the picture, the selection fails to include the first letter in the attribute.
    plus, i didnt click any html tag for the selection to occur.

regards

Last edit: john zorn 2013-03-08
  • cchris

cchris - 2013-03-10

Go to Preferences -> MISC and disable Smart highlighting. See if that helps.
    If it does, that seems to be a bug.
    Otherwise, can you repoduce with no plugins loaded at all, by renaming the plugins folder?

CChris

• john zorn

john zorn - 2013-04-10

hi chris
    i've disabled smart highlighing - ill get back to you if the problem occurs again.

regards

Last edit: john zorn 2013-04-10
  • john zorn

john zorn - 2013-04-12

hey

so, yeah i've disabled smart highlighting and the random selection stills occurs. this time i double-clicked a word and this weird selection appeared near the word i selected, and was selecting some random word, but again - not from the start of the word, but from the second character.

i'll see if this occurs without plugins but can i safely rename the plugins folder and run notpad without it flipping out, or no problems occurring when i correctly rename the plugins folder again? i don't want to have to re install npp or lose any projects and whatnot. regards

another print screen
    http://imageshack.us/f/14/73545716.png/
    i clicked where the cursor is

ok, so ive found out something else. when clicking at the begining of a html tag (just tested divs) this selection selects the class attribute of the element. if the class element is at the beggining of the tag, eg
    <div class=... the selection selects the entire class attribute - first letter including. but if the class is after say an id tag eg. <div id="a" class=... the selection also selects the class but it doesnt select the 'c' in class, aka the first letter.

what is this class selection obsession?

Last edit: john zorn 2013-04-12
  • cchris

cchris - 2013-04-13

Just be sure to rename the folder when N++ is not running. If N++ can't find the folder, it just snload the plugins, that's all, and great for testing.

CChris

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks