2012-11-13
1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)
  • Anonymous - 2011-07-24

Супер!

• Mieszko Lassota

Mieszko Lassota - 2011-07-24

Help Don and donate your old Xbox 360! As Don said:

"we accept the your old hardware donation:
    xbox360 (no xbox please) and ps3 - to enhance Notepad++ performance and new features"

He deserved it!

• Stefan Pendl

Stefan Pendl - 2011-07-24

Don,

thanks for the update, your time and effort.

Currently my number one feature is the recent files list customization, since I can now have 30 recent files displayed easily ;-)

Thumbs up,
    Stefan

• GVC

GVC - 2011-07-24

Hi Don,

With all do respect, but I don't see the added value of the new file switcher in NPP 5.9.3.  There's already for a long time a very good add-on from Jens Lorenz, called Window Manager, which does an extremely very good job and which shows, next to the full path in the tooltip pop-up (just as in the new file switcher), also the file extension and the path to the file.
    This one also indicates via a red "disk file" icon if the files are modified or not.

A bit of a waste of resources, if you allow me to say, which might have been put in resolving other issues in NPP.

But still, hats off for your continuing efforts and innovation on the editor!

Thanks for bringing back the recent list features too.

Best rgds,
    -Geert

• Vikash Gupta

Vikash Gupta - 2011-07-24

Thanks for update.

1.  What is shortcut for Replace all in opened documents? Does keys work?

2.  Wrap around checkbox of find characters in range is unchecked on restarting n++

3.  Can you make converter plugin dockable like incremental search, and it should show different values for single selected character. This will make work of find characters in range more useful. As find characters in range will search characters and converter will show its corresponding values.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2011-07-24

@ mieszkolassota:
    Thank you for your call :)

@ those who want to donate their obsolete hardware:
    I wouldn't say that I deserve it but the evolution of Notepad++ will depend on your PS3 or XBOX360.
    Sorry we don't accept wii - it makes my arms hurt and the furnitures at house are under the risk of violence.

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2011-07-24

@ Stefan:

Glad to learn that this feature is useful to you.

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2011-07-24

@ Geert:

I did know Windows Manager Plugins and it did crash Notepad++ several times.
    That's why I reinvent the wheel because the wheel doesn't work for me.

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2011-07-24

@ vikash4india :

find characters in range dialog settings is not memorized.
    The converter plugin can be docked at the bottom. I will estimate to make convert plugin take the selected character, but I promise nothing for the implementation.

Don

• Mike Cowperthwaite

I'd like to see a styling entry for the highlighted code-block in the fold margin. The red is too distracting.
    I'd do it in PythonScript but that needs to be updated for the latest Scintilla.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2011-07-24

@ cowagain:

You can modify it in Configurator dialog ("Fold active" in "Global Style").
    If you cannot find it (you updated your Notepad++ by using installer), then remove %appdata%\Notepad++\styles.xml (caution: all your style modifications will loss).
    Or adding the following line into %appdata%\Notepad++\styles.xml, in the <GlobalStyles> tag:
    <WidgetStyle name="Fold active" styleID="0" fgColor="FF0000" />
    Relaunch Notepad++ to modify the color for "Fold active".

Don

• Frank

Frank - 2011-07-25

Hi all,

Don, thanks for the new version :-)

One question, I'm asking myself for several versions meanwhile: is there any chance to get the functionality of the external PowerShell lexer (from Thell Fowler) back that stopped working with version 5.9 (IIRC)?

Thank you
    Frank

• interface1833

interface1833 - 2011-07-25

Hi,

thanks for new features!! Would be nice tobe able to reorder files in Doc Switcher :) Drag&Drop and sort by name & type would be a great feature!
    Another idea related to this is to mark files that are changed by another program instead of a message.

Thank you!

• Jan Schreiber

Jan Schreiber - 2011-07-25

@ Geert:
    I agree that in its current state, the Doc Switcher isn't much use to me. All it does atm is replicate functionality that has been accessible before by clicking on the tabs.

@ Stefan:
    I'm very fond of the customizable MRU list, too.

@ Don:
    IMO, the Preferences dialog could do with a reorganization. It's difficult to find things there.

• Mike Cowperthwaite

@ Don: Thanks for the pointer to the new stylers.xml entry. I had only gotten the minimalist 7z file and copied out the .EXE and .DLL. And now that I see how the default stylers are in there, I've re-ordered the entries so they make more sense to me - put all the margin and tab styles at the end, since they don't affect the actual document.

• Grindax

Grindax - 2011-07-25

Don,

The main thing I would really like to see added to Notepad++ is the ability to select a line of text with one click, without the newline character being included.

I do a lot of pasting of individual lines of text to the Linux command line. Currently if I click to the left of the line number in Notepad++ it selects the line together with the newline character at the end, making it unsuitable for copying and pasting because then the command gets executed immediately without giving me a change to modify it beforehand.

So what I have to do each time instead is click at the end of the line of text in Notepad++ and type Shift-Home to select the line without the newline character. Please could you make it possible to not have to do this?

• cchris

cchris - 2011-07-25

@fscholer:
    Ask aathell. Besides his regular email, he is active on the #notepad++ IRC channel. Well… he wa last ime I checked.

@Don:
    Earlier versions of Window manager were unstable. Mine hasn't crashed for ages.
    Apart from this, congrats for the configurable MRU list!

@janshreiber:
    +1 definitely

@interface1833:
    Can you post those enhancement requests on IdeaTorrent?

CChris

• strainer

strainer - 2011-07-25

On the subject of rearranging open tabs in the GUI, this becomes difficult the normal way with multiple rows of open tabs, because the rows can switch as soon as a tab is selected to drag it, and this behaviour of the windows control seems hard to alter. It might be relatively simple to not focus document on tab click if ctrl or alt is pressed, so the tabs can be re-arranged (while holding down key) without refocusing occuring. This would be a neat way to be able to rearrange tabs if possible.

• nofun

nofun - 2011-07-26

Thanks for release, Don!

New file switcher as well as some of the comments above make me think that there is a tendency to prefer the mouse over the keyboard (in a text editor?!). I'm a bit worried about it, because this leads to such strange and uncomfortable things like we can open search result window with a keyboard, but can hide it with the mouse only, or impossibility to copy selected text with a common shortcut Ctrl+C, or issue with the focus of find/replace dialog (once again huge thanks for fixing it, Don!).

In regard to file switcher, plug-in of the same name by Dave Brotherstone is the way to go for me, because however many files I have opened I can switch to any of them with a few keystrokes, and at the same time no window takes precious space until I need it.
    And that is my main usage pattern - no additional windows are visible until I need them - that makes a clear and lightweight workspace, the thing I love Notepad++ for and prefer it over IDE

So please don't forget about us keyboardists :)

• McLoo

McLoo - 2011-07-26

The scroll buttons for file switching do not change from vertical to horizontal until NPP restart.

It's a auite good feature for all those wide-screen Notebooks, though i have to train my eyes for it…

• Vikash Gupta

Vikash Gupta - 2011-07-27

Notepad++ hangs in searching non-ascii chars if char is available at line 162 column 458 and view is unwrapped. However same char was found if view is word wrapped. file is 216 KB approx text.
    I can send file on request.

• Scott A Tovey

Scott A Tovey - 2011-07-27

Love Notepad++. It's my primary text editor.

I've been looking into CNC recently, does notepad++ have a G-code and M-code plugin?
    If not, can this language be added.

1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)