How to configure the Function List

2013-10-04
2013-10-04
  • Lee Wilmott

Lee Wilmott - 2013-10-04

I hope someone can help me. I'm using NotePad++ v6.5 and I'm trying to get the Function List working.

I'm trying to get the Function List working for two different languages...PowerShell and KiXtart.

KiXtart is a User Defined Language that I have created in NotePad++ and PowerShell is the built-in language.

I've been trying to find some documentation on the NotePad++ and the Wiki website on how to configure the Function List but I can't find anything that has helped me.

My Function List is completely empty for both .kix files and .ps1 files. I can confirm that NotePad++ does recognise that the language is KiXtart when I open a .kix file. Likewise, NotePad++ recognises that the language is PowerShell when I open a .ps1 file.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Lee

• Michael Milette

Michael Milette - 2013-10-04

Also be sure that you are making changes to the "%APPDATA%\notepad++\functionList.xml" version, not the one in the Notepad++ folder. If you are using version 6.5, be sure to integrate your modifications to the notepad++ in the executable's folder as the 6.5 version has a significant number of changes. Then copy it over to "%APPDATA%\notepad++\functionList.xml"

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks