Menu

checkSingleFile failed

peterhw
2015-04-27
2015-04-30
  • peterhw

peterhw - 2015-04-27

I just downloaded the latest version and got the above mention Message Box with an error message "the buffer passed to GetFullPathName was too small!"

I hit the OK button and then see a further box called "path that failed" with my long file name

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\CBC1E074A032EF0E6A1328D19FB1736E\MQL4\Files\Test_Data\My_March_EA_Data_USDJPY_27_APR_start_time_12_05.txt

I continue and the file opens as previously (i.e. before the new version installed)

The above file path is generated by MetaTrader4 (forex platform) and I am only able to change the last directory and file name

Test_Data\My_March_EA_Data_USDJPY_27_APR_start_time_12_05.txt

• peterhw

peterhw - 2015-04-27

just found the attachments

• Robert

Robert - 2015-04-30

When I select several (10+) files in File Explorer (Windows 8.1), right-click the selection, then choose “Edit with Notepad++”, I systematically get the following message:

checkSingleFile failed!!
    the buffer passed to GetFullPathName was too small!

Note that I am not getting this message if I use drag & drop to open the same files in Notepad++.

Also note that this is happening with latest version 6.7.7, but it was not happening in previous versions.

So this problem is only arising through the right-click context menu. And the funny part of it is that all the selected files do open in Notepad++, irrespective of whether we get an error message or not!