Standard windows user tried to install plugin then gets perpetual Plugin Manager warning afterwards

DickDee
2014-05-28
2015-01-19
  • DickDee
    DickDee
    2014-05-28

I tried to install a Notepad++ plugin via Plugin Manager as a Standard (i.e., non Administrative) user on a PC in my domain.

However, Standard users are not allowed to install software in our domain.

So I logged in as an Administrative user and installed the plugins via the Plugin Manager.

All good, EXCEPT now every time I start Notepad++ as that Standard user I get the warning from the Plugin Manager:

"There are still some pending actions to complete installing or removing some plugins. Would you like to do these now (Notepad++ will be restarted)? Yes No"

No matter what I answer, I get this every time I launch Notepad++ as a non-standard user.

How can I clear the Plugin Manager queue, so to speak -- to eliminate this message?

DickDee

Last edit: DickDee 2014-05-28
  • DickDee
    DickDee
    2014-05-28

Removed the following file and folder
    PluginManagerGpup.xml
    plugin_install_temp

from this folder:
    C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\Config\

And all is fine now.

• Matt H
    Matt H
    2015-01-19

I am also getting this error message when trying to update the plugin manager from 1.0.8 to 1.3.5. It is a perpetual loop where it says that there are still pending actions and Notepad++ needs to restart. I tried deleting the files above, however it still says that the installed version is 1.0.8