Standard windows user tried to install plugin then gets perpetual Plugin Manager warning afterwards

DickDee
2014-05-28
2015-01-19
  • DickDee

DickDee - 2014-05-28

I tried to install a Notepad++ plugin via Plugin Manager as a Standard (i.e., non Administrative) user on a PC in my domain.

However, Standard users are not allowed to install software in our domain.

So I logged in as an Administrative user and installed the plugins via the Plugin Manager.

All good, EXCEPT now every time I start Notepad++ as that Standard user I get the warning from the Plugin Manager:

"There are still some pending actions to complete installing or removing some plugins. Would you like to do these now (Notepad++ will be restarted)? Yes No"

No matter what I answer, I get this every time I launch Notepad++ as a non-standard user.

How can I clear the Plugin Manager queue, so to speak -- to eliminate this message?

DickDee

Last edit: DickDee 2014-05-28
  • DickDee

DickDee - 2014-05-28

Removed the following file and folder
    PluginManagerGpup.xml
    plugin_install_temp

from this folder:
    C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\Config\

And all is fine now.

• Matt H

Matt H - 2015-01-19

I am also getting this error message when trying to update the plugin manager from 1.0.8 to 1.3.5. It is a perpetual loop where it says that there are still pending actions and Notepad++ needs to restart. I tried deleting the files above, however it still says that the installed version is 1.0.8

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks