What's new about the enhancement of PCRE engine ?

2013-08-25
2013-08-26
  • THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2013-08-25

Hello Francois-R Boyer,

From time to time, François, I notice that you post something on various topics, but I think you didn't post anything about your excellent regex patch and your investigations, relative to backward regex search, since the end of June.

May be, you're dealing with other things and stop, temporary ( I hope so ) or definitively ( I'm afraid ) your valuable work on the regular expressions engine !

Three days ago, Don HO proposed the new 3.3.4 version of Scintilla, in a separate archive. So, may I ask you to adapt your patch for this new version of Scintilla, even in it's actual form ? Or, perhaps, you would prefer to wait the legal next version of N++, to include your patch, with, may be, some new improvements ?

Anyway, I'll be very pleased to hearing from you :)

Best Regards,

guy038

PS : If possible, just to have a look to my old post ( 16/07/13 ) below and the two related links. Thanks !

http://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331753/thread/328af373/#5e79

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2013-08-25
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2013-08-26

A small note regarding the new build 3.3.4 Scintilla for Notepad++:
    This build has a crash issue due to the RegEx engin of boost.

Maybe François-R has some idea about it (I have mailed to Dave regarding this issue last night):
    Sending SCI_RELEASEDOCUMENT to Scintilla (by closing a file in Notepad++) makes it crash in the following line (in document.cxx):

for (std::vector::iterator it = watchers.begin(); it != watchers.end(); ++it) {

Precisely the crash is on iterator increasing (++it).

You can find more info of this build here:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331753/thread/01581b23/

If you have any idea about the crash, please let me know.

Don

• Dave Brotherstone

I'll try to take a look tonight, although I can't see what the connection
      is to the boost reg ex? This is simply in the document watchers isn't it?
      I've got no code in front of me, so I can't see the connection at the
      moment.

Dave

• Don HO

Don HO - 2013-08-26

Thank you Dave.

I don't see how and why neither.
        The SciLexer.dll without boost's RegEx (NOBOOST=1) stops crashing, that makes such conclusion.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Don