2008-12-29
2012-11-13
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2008-12-29

Download newest release here :
    https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=95717

Notepad++ v5.1.3 new feature and fixed bugs (from v5.1.2) :

1.  Add PostIt feature (F12 to toggle it).
    2.  Fix the bug that Unicode path file opened in the previous session doesn't be restored.
    3.  Fix nativeLang loading problem if Notepad++ location path contains Unicode characters.
    4.  Make shell extension context menu Unicode compliant.
    5.  Fix "Go to/Open in another instance" bug.
    6.  Process WM_IME_REQUEST message to support Windows IME.
    7.  Fix "Go to another view" translation coding error.
    8.  Adding search text on the top of combo box.
    9.  Fix Tidy installation problem for TextFX plugin.
    10. Change the N++ recovery directory from c:\N++RECOV to %temp%\N++RECOV.

Included plugins (Unicode):

1.  TextFX v0.25
    2.  NppExec 0.3 beta1
    3.  Spell Checker v1.3.2
    4.  MIME Tools v1.5
    5.  FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
    6.  NppExport v0.2.8
    7.  Doc Monitor v2.2
    8.  NppNetNote v0.1
    9.  Compare plugin v1.5.2

Included plugins (ANSI):

1.  TextFX v0.25
    2.  NppExec v0.25R2
    3.  Spell Checker v1.3.1
    4.  MIME Tools v1.5
    5.  FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
    6.  NppExport v0.2.8
    7.  Compare plugin v1.5.1
    8.  Light Explorer v1.5
    9.  Doc Monitor v2.2
    10. NppNetNote v0.1

Don

• Oink

Oink - 2009-01-03

I don't find an exe file on here.  Am I missing something?

• whitecat

whitecat - 2008-12-29

Unfortunately, this bug:

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2716226&forum_id=331753

is still there. I'm able to reproduce it on my system and thus can help fix it.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-12-29

Bug fixed.
        May I send you the fixed binary to test?
        If so, please contact me at d o n . h @ f r e e . f r

Don

• Jonas

Jonas - 2008-12-29

External lexer are still broken in the unicode release:
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2201065&group_id=95717&atid=612382

Please note that there is a _working_patch_ attached to that bug report.

If additional informations are missing, please feel free to ask those questions.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-12-29

Regarding your patch, I have a remark.

According to the PluginsManager.h :
        typedef void (EXT_LEXER_DECL *GetLexerNameFn)(unsigned int Index, TCHAR *name, int buflength);

So in both lines :
        GetLexerNameFn GetLexerName = (GetLexerNameFn)::GetProcAddress(pi->_hLib, "GetLexerName");
        GetLexerStatusTextFn GetLexerStatusText = (GetLexerStatusTextFn)::GetProcAddress(pi->_hLib, "GetLexerStatusText");

"GetLexerName" and "GetLexerStatusText" on the lexer side should be always the same.

Please let me know what you think, so I can reply the rest of correction.

Don

• Jonas

Jonas - 2008-12-29

"GetLexerStatusText" is a NPP construct. It doesn't exist in the scintilla source.
          "GetLexerName" returns the lexer name like "C++", "Makefile" and so on. "GetLexerStatusText" returns "C++ source file", the text which will get displayed in the status bar when having the lexer active.
          Therefore they return different strings.

Please note that scintilla also uses those two functions but defined with char instead of TChar (widechar). Therefore my patch requires two additional functions in the unicode external lexer: "GetLexerNameW" and "GetLexerStatusTextW" which returns the same string as their nonW equivalents but as widechar.

Thanks for working on this problem.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-12-29

> Therefore my patch requires two additional functions in the unicode external lexer:
            > "GetLexerNameW" and "GetLexerStatusTextW" which returns the same string as
            > their nonW equivalents but as widechar.

That's what I want to discuss :
            In your lexer, you should keep the same name for both ANSI / Unicode version, since this function uses the generic type variable "TCHAR" as out result.

Define/non define "UNICODE" symbol let you compile your lexer as ANSI/Unicode compliant binary.

So in the code of Notepad++, "GetLexerName" and "GetLexerStatusText" won't be change.
            The rest things to do is (in the case of Unicode mode) convert these 2 variables to char * in order to pass to scintilla (just like in your patch, but I'll use internal existing functions).

If you are ok with that, I'll do the modification, then send you the binary to test.

Let me know if you have any question.

Don

• Harry

Harry - 2008-12-29

Don, Im not sure if I follow correctly, but wouldnt it be wise just to have Notepad++ do the ANSI->Unicode conversion jsut liek any other Scintilla text function (like getting the current line etc since Scintilla is all char).
              So No TCHAR in the function definition whatsoever, just have Notepad++ convert it to TCHAR (which only means somethign in Unicode build).

That way the least amount of change is required for ANSI lexers, and compatibility with Scintilla is guaranteed.

• Jonas

Jonas - 2008-12-29

Harry is right.
                Scintilla also reads "GetLexerName" from the dll but expects ANSI independent if Npp is compiled as unicode or ansi.
                Therefor they has to be ANSI.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-12-29

> Scintilla also reads "GetLexerName" from the dll but expects ANSI independent
                  > if Npp is compiled as unicode or ansi. Therefor they has to be ANSI.

True. At least we have a conclusion for 2 uniq symbols "GetLexerName" and
                  "GetLexerStatusText".

Lexer Name is needed not only by Scintilla, but by Notepad++ as well.
                  This part will be converted by Notepad++ (char* -> wchar_t).
                  Lexer description is needed only by Notepad++, it's on the lexer side to do the necessary switch (TCHAR).

So external lexer functions prototype should be :
                  int GetLexerCount();
                  void GetLexerName(unsigned int Index, char *name, int buflength);
                  void GetLexerStatusText(unsigned int Index, TCHAR *desc, int buflength);

I don't know if it's documented on wiki page. If not, I'll try to work on it
                  (if I have time).

I'll send you the fixed binary ASAIC.

Don

• Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2008-12-31

Don,

I'm not seeing some of my posts shwing up in the forum (via gmane with mail client) so I thought I'd post this one again and solicit a response:
                    ----------------------------------------
                    Great to see some more external lexer plugin lovin'. If this patch is going to be included in an upcoming release (5.1.4?) would it be possible to also add in two other changes for external lexers to handle indicators without the need to patch either the scintilla or notepad++ source?

The two changes are needed to ensure that indicators can be handled in the same fashion (from a users perspective) as any other style. When switching languages the indicators would be removed and when changing colors of a incidicator's style in the Style Preferences dialog they would be reflected as the user makes the selection.

The changes are outlined in two feature requests:
                    Clearing the document style on language change (which is now a part of Scintilla):
                    https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2454982&group_id=95717&atid=612385
                    Notification of change to the style.xml to plugins:
                    https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2475348&group_id=95717&atid=612385

It would be great not to be forked. What do you think?

almostautomated

BTW: I'm very interested in testing out a fixed external lexer binary and sent you an at d o n . h @ f r e e . f r

• Don HO

Don HO - 2009-01-02

> If this patch is going to be included in an upcoming release (5.1.4?)

The patch itself will not be included, but the bug will be fixed in v5.1.4.
                      Just keep these API prototypes in mind :
                      void GetLexerName(unsigned int Index, char *name, int buflength);
                      void GetLexerStatusText(unsigned int Index, TCHAR *desc, int buflength);

> The two changes are needed to ensure that indicators can be handled
                      > in the same fashion (from a users perspective)

OK, I'll add them if your lexer needs - For the notification name, I prefer to
                      NPPN_WORDSTYLESUPDATED rather than NPPN_STYLEXMLCHANGE.

> I'm very interested in testing out a fixed external lexer binary
                      > and sent you an at d o n . h @ f r e e . f r

Feel free to contact me to get the newest binary to test with your plugin.

Don

• Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2009-01-02

Don,

Excellent, that's great news!  Thank you very much!

I've sent another email regarding the fixed binary.

almostautomated

• Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2009-01-02

Thanks for forwarding the fixed binary.

Tested with our lexer plugin and it works great!  Having the ClearDocumentStyle and new NPPN_WORDSTYLESUPDATED message puts our external lexers scintilla and notepad code back in line with what will be official!

We are looking forward to having auto updates on again. :D

almostautomated

• Fabio

Fabio - 2008-12-29

I've noticed that if you use multiple instances, the session.xml file saves only the data about the last one that you close. Is it possible to have N++ store all the sessions? Because if you have a "big" one with many files open and a "small" one with just one file, you have to remember to close the small one first, and the big one afterwards, or else you'll lose your precious session (including, for example, bookmarks). It would be great if Notepad++ could automatically load different sessions when multiple instances are used, or if it asked you which one you want to load when you run it.

I'm not sure it's VERY useful, but it would be at least a bit.

Anyway, as always, thank you for your work!

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-12-30

It'll be a nice feature that your ask.

However, since each instance will read its configuration, it's hard to implement this feature w/o breaking the current architecture.

Don

• abc-x

abc-x - 2008-12-29

once the explorer + favorites are plugged in, once you through them out…

notepad++ looses one + for this!

• God Send

God Send - 2008-12-30

I wonder why I still can't open file with unicode name or path  using "open with notepad++" from right click menu.

Still get the "file doesn't exist" message or just no file opened.

I use Win Xp sp3 with additional language installed.

• God Send

God Send - 2008-12-30

ah, problem solved after fully uninstall notepad++ and reinstall with v5.1.3.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-12-30

Indeed. Due to the Windows File Protection system, the Unicode compliant nppcm.dll can not be override by installation procedure.

In order to update nppcm.dll by using Installer, you have to uninstall Notepad++, reboot your PC then install the newest version.

Otherwise, you should update manually :
        1. Go to your Notepad++ installed directory.
        2. Execute unreg.bat
        3. Reboot your system or
            kill Explorer process then relaunch it
        4. Download newest nppCM from :
        http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/commun/misc/nppCM.zip
        Make sure you copy Unicode version into Notepad++ directory.
        5. Execute reg.bat

I don't want to make installer reboot system, so blame to Microsoft to have such WFP system, not to Notepad++.

Don

• beholder

beholder - 2008-12-30

Hi Don, these bugs found their way to NPP 5.1.3:

(caret disappears, text viewport jumps up)
      https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5641943

(wrong HTML highlighting when cursor in the tag)
      <input type="checkbox" name="iAdditionalAddress" value="1" checked onclick="unhideAdditional( this )"/>

• Sing

Sing - 2008-12-31

I remember the Horizontal Scroll-bar will automatically resize when the vertical scroll-bar is moved in the previous of Notepad++, but why this feature is gone now?
      Its a quite good feature. I hope it will be back again, or be an option to enable it.

• Anonymous - 2008-12-31

Hi Don
      I have sent you newer version of translation.
      There 5 new lines are translated. V a lot of corrected which varied during updating  Notepad ++.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2008-12-31

Confirmation.
        It'll be included in the next release.

Thank you

Don

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks