FingerText broke the search into files

• Anonymous - 2013-05-27

I've found out FingerText, awesome plugin. But now every time I try to search something into files Notepad generate an alert (Unknown exception). If I close the alert it generates another one, and again and again and again.. I have to close Notepad using Task Manager.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

• Anonymous - 2013-05-29

• dail8859

dail8859 - 2013-05-29

I've used FingerText for a while now and have not had any issues. I'm using the most recent version available through the Plugin Manager. Do you know what version you are using?

• Anonymous - 2013-05-30

I removed it, because I use often the search.. I think I've installed it from the Plugin Manager.. maybe was some conflict with some other Plugin, because I've just installed it again from the PM and it's not generating any error... I'll keep an eye on it.

Look it works now, mah..

anyway, when I insert a snippet the cursor is going on the new line UNDER the snippet.. is there a way to specify that I want the cursor in a specific position?

Last edit: Anonymous 2013-05-30
  • dail8859

dail8859 - 2013-05-30

Yes, by default the cursor goes past the inserted snippet. To mark the position of the cursor, use an empty hotspot, for example $[![]!]

• Anonymous - 2013-05-30

awesome! It works, thanks

• Anonymous - 2013-05-31

last doubt.. the trigger is the TAB key.. is there a way to change that to? Like using space bar instead of TAB?

• Anonymous - 2013-05-31

here we are again, after a few days now when I'm searching is crashing Notepad++.. uff, any idea of why? I wrote to the developer, but no answer so far

• Anonymous - 2013-06-11

• Anonymous - 2013-06-19

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks