Default HTML Editor

2005-10-28
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Default HTML Editor

Change 'Description' to Notepad++

Goto ...\Shell\Edit and change 'Command' to the program path (C:\Program Files\Notepad++\Notepad++.exe %1).

ashleymadisonman@yahoo.com

• Nobody/Anonymous

An alternate way to associate Notepad++ with editing html files without the need to edit the registry:

1.  In an explorer window, select tools-> folder options, "File Types" tab.

2.  Select your file type (Firefox document for me, batch file for you) and hit the Advanced button.

3.  Create a "New" action, call it "edit", and give it an action of '"C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" "%1"'

4.  Make sure "Open" is the default!

Yeah, NPP needs to do this on its own :-p

--Peter

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hmm, right no doubt it will work or I can get it to work (ie7)

In general, However, installing N++ ought to figure this out and extend that little drop-down list that ie7 provides on the Internet options programs tab properties.

Maybe it could interactively heavily suggest that the default editor be changed to N++ unless you leave the default as it was before.

OpenOffice manages to add itself to this list - well apparently, as I haven't actually installed N++ or OOff AFTER having updated a system with ie7 so I could be misleading you there.

cheers, Mark

• Nobody/Anonymous

p.s. If M$oft made it easier to extend/change the list that would be nice too!