slow when switching between large collapsed scripts

2014-05-23
2014-05-24
  • halfwaybioinfo

halfwaybioinfo - 2014-05-23

I usually have several large .c, .py, .sh files open in the same notepad++ instance because that's the easiest way to do my work. Because these files are large, I usually use Alt+0 to collapse all the levels for ease of viewing. When I switch between these files, I noticed that notepad++ seems to re-parse and re-collapse the levels every time I switch files (correct me if I misunderstood the process!), which takes a while because my files are large. I do greatly appreciate notepad++ provides this awesome feature of collapsing levels, I'm just wondering if you guys would consider saving the collapsing status in memory or something like that, so that notepad++ won't have to spend a lot of time re-parse and re-collapse every time I switch between files? Thanks a lot!

I did consider opening my files in separate instances, but still opening them in the same instance is the most convenient way for me (except the slow switching between files). I'm using version 6.6.5

• cchris

cchris - 2014-05-24

First of all, did you check whether renaming your "plugins" folder to somehing (dzy 'lugins) makes a difference?

If the delay is very large - more than 30 seconds for instance - then you may try saving a different session whenever you are going to switch to a different file, and reloading that session when switching back to it. The idea is that the session stores fold states, so it may help if the issue is what you think. Let us know.

CChris

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks