Vertical line spacing (configurable?)

2011-03-28
2014-06-12
  • Steven Reddie
    Steven Reddie
    2011-03-28

Hi,

I love Notepad++, but the one thing that stops me from using it as a notepad replacement is that I can't fit as much on the screen as I can with notepad.  Even if I switch to a small font in Np++, the line height does not change.

Is line spacing / line height already configurable?  If so, where is the option.  If not, can this please be added?

Regards,

Steven

• bbluemel
    bbluemel
    2011-03-28

Have you got a separate size set in Settings - Style Configurator - Global Styles - Line number margin?

• Bob Uncle
    Bob Uncle
    2011-03-29

Steven, have you tried using the zoom options in the View menu instead of changing the font size?

- Bob

• cchris
    cchris
    2011-03-31

Don't forget fullscreen and post-it mode to maximise the text area.

CChris

• tim0thy
    tim0thy
    2011-05-30

This is what I found in npp5.9. Set Settings - Style Configurator - Global Styles - Default Style. Change Font Name and Font Size as desired. In my case I changed this to ProggyTiny 8 - 150 lines of  text - fantastic! I also changed the font in Line Number Margin and Global Override to ProggyTiny 10 to see if that it would screw it up - it didn't.
    Hope this helps…

• Andrew Heale
    Andrew Heale
    2012-05-03

Same problem here; in my case the culprit was in Settings - Style Configurator - Global Styles - Brace highlight style (which seems to be set by default in npp 6.1.2). But any of the global styles that have a font size can cause this problem. You have to make sure they're all small or blank.

Andrew

• Errol Smith
    Errol Smith
    2014-06-12

Thanks Andrew, it was indeed the obscure Brace highlight style global setting. Changing the font size here to <blank> fixed everything.

IMO having that set is a poor default setting and should be changed!