BUG in Tab Settings Preferences in 6.4.2 and 6.4.3 versions of N++

2013-08-03
2013-10-04
  • THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2013-08-03

Hi All,

I found out a bug, relative to Tab Settings, in the two last 6.4.2 and 6.4.3 versions !

To reproduce this bug :

• Unzip the Notepad++ 7z Package, of the 6.4.2 version of N++, in any new folder

• Open this new folder

• Start Notepad++ => N++ opens with an unique new tab, called new 1

• In Settings\Preferences...\Tab Settings, click on the second item Normal, under [Default]

• Uncheck the box 'Use default value' and choose the number 4 as 'Tab size'

• Check, below, the box 'Replace by space'

• Click on the Close button

• Close and restart Notepad++ ( IMPORTANT )

• Click on the Show All Characters button, in the Toolbar of Notepad++
      ( IMPORTANT )

• Hit, once or more, the Tab key : as expected, four spaces are inserted, after each hit, in the new 1 file.

• Open an existing file, let say, the file Change.log, OR an other new file.

• Go back, to the new 1 file.

• Hit again, once or more, on the Tab key => This time, tabulation character(s)), of 4 positions, are inserted and the previous insertions of spaces are automatically replaced with tabulations, instead of series of four spaces added, as expected !

So it seems that the new Tab Settings, for normal text, is lost. This behaviour is also the same with the 6.4.3 version.

But, if you do, again, the method above, with the 6.4.1 version of N++, the bug never occurs !

I also do some tests with the 6.0.0, 6.1.5 and 6.3 versions => Bug doesn't occur with theses versions. So this bug seems to occur, only, from the 6.4.2 version or above.

Cheers,

guy038

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2013-08-03
    • Don HO

Don HO - 2013-10-02

Thank you Guy for your report.
      This bug is just fixes and the bug fix will come with v6.5.1

Don

• THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2013-10-04

Hi Don,

Thanks for your bug fix in the future 6.5.1 version, relative to Tab Settings !

When the 6.4.5 version came out, I first thought that the bug was fixed but, afterwards, I noticed that I was wrong. So, I sent you an other post, on 02/09/13, at the address below :

https://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331753/thread/28650a29/#158e

But, never mind, this bug is over, by now :-)

Cheers,

guy038

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2013-10-04

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks