Suggestions

thure
2004-12-09
2012-11-13
  • thure

thure - 2004-12-09

Hi!

I'm really in love with this editor. I use it because of the great feature to "Show White Space and TAB". I would be really nice if this state were saved on close. Why do you have to turn it on every time you use the editor?

Another suggestion:
    I miss the option of somehow get a marking of a certain row size. You could make an option to show a vertical line at XX-character row width (i need an 80-char marking).

Yet another suggestion:
    Don't make white spaces on an empty line.
    - If you are in a code block that is example 8 characters into the line, and you press Enter, you will make a new line and start 8 characters in. The problem is that if you want to make an empty line (you press Enter again) you correctly make a new line and start 8 characters into line, but - the empty line above is not empty - it holds 8 white spaces.
    Solution: Don't make the 8 white spaces unless the user types something on the line.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-12-11

> ...the great feature to "Show White Space and TAB".
      > I would be really nice if this state were saved on close.
      > Why do you have to turn it on every time you use the editor?

OK, the setting of "Show White Space and TAB" will be memorized. But I don't promise you that will be in the next version.

> I miss the option of somehow get a marking of a
      > certain row size. You could make an option to show
      > a vertical line at XX-character row width (i need an
      > 80-char marking).

Go to Menu "Settings->Set # column for vertical edge line" set it to 80 then enable "view->vertical Edge Line mode" et voila.

> Don't make white spaces on an empty line.

It's due to the auto-indent. For the moment you can't diable this feature. But I'll consider to give to user a choice to enable/disable this feature.

Don

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks