Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

Crimson

2007-06-28
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Having been an avid user of Crimson editor for the past few years, I just started using Notepad++ and have been impressed with many of the features and cosmetics.  One feature in Crimson that I miss is being able to reduce the line spacing, so that more code can be visible on the screen. As with any software, the differences take some getting used to. I was almost to the point of keeping it as my default editor. However, the "Home" key going to beginning of text instead of the "home" position, is just not industry standard. I've always been annoyed by software that tries to be too smart and ends up requiring a work-around from the user. There should, at least, be a way to reverse this action. Based on forum discussions, there seems to be no effort being made to fix this, so I'm going back to Crimson Editor.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ah, yes, but you can change it, so that if first goes to the beginning of the line and then the beginning of the text on the second click.  Go to "General" options and click on the check-box "Home key goes to first position".

• Nobody/Anonymous

I would love for Beginning-of-Line to be in the shortcut Mapper, but only Beginning-of-Text is there (with a blank name, but it's the one mapped to HOME). I tried to remap it to Ctl+HOME, but HOME acted just the same way. Damn.

There are no "General" tab in settings in v4.6. I'm still going to use Notepad++, but I may get bruises from hitting myself in the head when it goes to the beginning of text.

• Nobody/Anonymous

You can try Alt+Home, it seems to do the begin of line.
      Ctrl-Home is originally meant for begin of file, so be carefull when remapping that

• Nobody/Anonymous

I just tried Crimson editor, after pressing "Home", it also go to the beginning of text.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'd like to see the feature from Crimson Editor that when you highlight anything and hit F3 it does an automatic search for the next instance in that file.

Its one of the many reasons I cannot stop using Crimson Editor. I keep going back and forth between CE and NP++. If NP++ adds some more features like CE then I could could finally put it away after using it for 7 years.

• MJG

MJG - 2007-06-30

> I'd like to see the feature from Crimson Editor that when you highlight anything and hit F3 it does an automatic search for the next instance in that file.

It's in there.  Ctrl-F3 or ctrl-alt-right-arrow to search forward, ctrl-shift-F3 or ctrl-alt-left-arrow to search backward.  They will automatically highlight the word at the cursor if no block is marked.

As noted elsewhere: You can remap F3 if you really want to.  --Joel

• Nobody/Anonymous

I think going to the beginning of text is more desired for most user.
      and if you want to go to column 1,just press HOME twice.
      however ,a configure for this is better.