Ugly Toolbar! :)

2005-11-01
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I wonder why the background color of NPP's toolbar is white  instead of "native" grey like other normal application.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm sure quite a bit of effort and pride was put in to the design of the UI. If some people like it and some don't I would suggest that a themes feature be added? I ended up on this thread when I changed my windows menu color to black and could no longer read the names of my docs in the tabs. <3 Notepad++

• Nobody/Anonymous

You are the man Don!!

• Martijn Coppoolse

That's funny; on my systems (Windows XP Pro SP1, Windows 2000 SP4, and Windows XP Home SP2), NP++'s  toolbar has a "native" grey background, like other applications.

See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=95717&atid=612382&file_id=147818&aid=1280355 for a screenshot.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I would say ugly tabs too... Sadly, this software doesn't follow _any_ interface design guidelines. Notepad++ would be perfect if the interface was better. This interface of Notepad2 is perfect, but some features are missing.

• Nobody/Anonymous

It also looks okay on my system with a "Windows Classic" theme. But have you tried it under the default WinXP theme?
      Thanks.

• Vexorian

Vexorian - 2006-02-04

I don't think this should be an issue/ priority at all.

• Nobody/Anonymous

At some degree, the success of a software depends on its usability.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I agree 100%. The only drawback to this application is the ugly UI! And it SHOULD be a issue/priority!!

• Nobody/Anonymous

It'll be improved in v3.5.

Don

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks