SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Normal Text

tre-flip
2014-05-20
2014-05-24
  • tre-flip

tre-flip - 2014-05-20

I have tried for a few months to get a resolution to these problems.. it may actually be only one issue that turns into another.

I tried to make a high contrast style for the languages in N++ because using enable global fore/background colour checkbox removes individual styles (number, folding) for non and user defined languages. This works for everything but .txt files.

I cannot change the Normal Text colour style (lack of knowledge or options?) so my work around was to defined the default style to c (I like the number font etc..) however then if I am quickly saving a text file I forget the extension is in c and now I have many .c files everywhere... which is fine for me but becomes a pain when sharing with others!

So my solution would be to have Normal Text defined in the 'Settings->Style Configurator->Language :' menu. However I did see someone reference that option a few years back with no avail. So I am see two alternative solutions on my own but welcome others...

1. Change the Enable global fore/background colour to allow for individual languages to have difference brace/numbers styles.

2. Allow the Normal Text to be edited in the Languages section of the Style Configurator menu.

If anyone has any information on this I would be grateful for it. Thanks a bunch!

• Thomas

Thomas - 2014-05-24

Moin, moin,

Perhaps there is a more comfortable work around: You can add the txt extesion to your C-Style (as show in the attached screen shot.

This should activate the C-Style for every txt-file you will open and therefore you will nat have the need to rename your files.

Regards,
    Thomas