Weird pasting behavior in Notepad++ 4.9.2

2008-06-30
2012-11-13
  • Quantum Rabbit

Quantum Rabbit - 2008-06-30

I haven't had these issues before, but ever since last week when I updated to 4.9.2 I have been getting a whole lot of extra junk appended after the text I actually paste.

The look varies greatly, but usually looks similar to this:
    http://xs228.xs.to/xs228/08271/notepad___pasting267.png

• Quantum Rabbit

Quantum Rabbit - 2008-07-10

And #3... Sorry, i have had a very hectic day.

I just found that setting in the 5.0 release thread, which seems to have fixed it.

For future Reference: TextFX > TextFxVizSettings > + Viz Capture Keyboard Control-C,X,V

• Nobody/Anonymous

I had the same issue. What solved my problem was to use the last v 5.0 RC which you can find in the topic "Notepad++ v5 RC". This release dont have this issue.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Its a settings in the TextFX plugin, which was accidentally enabled in one of the releases. A new install over the current one should fix the problem by rewriting the TextFX settings. Or jsut delete the settings if you can find them (in the plugins folder afaik)

• Quantum Rabbit

Quantum Rabbit - 2008-06-30

Ah... I played around for a few seconds with the options, and didn't fix it. But since I had intended to upgrade anyway, I did, and that fixed it. Thanks anonymous fellows.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Sorry, but I just updated to the 5.0 release, and this is back. So it was fixed in the RC, and now it is broken again on main release.

Can anybody tell me the setting I need to change to make this not happen?

• Quantum Rabbit

Quantum Rabbit - 2008-07-10

Apparently I forgot to log in on that last comment. That was me.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks