Please can we get rid of the "Boyc...

2012-02-02
2012-11-13
  • David Bailey

David Bailey - 2012-02-02

Do we really need a topic entitled "Boycott Notepad++ here"? I know there is such a thing as free speech, but this is ridiculous. It looks ugly, and is totally absurd, given the quality and features of Notepad++.

David

• cchris

cchris - 2012-02-03

Ask Don. The forum was created to host a flame war that erupted before the Beijing olympic games I think, and posts of similar purpose can land there instead of interfering with more user-oriented forums like this one. - I think - that's why Don keeps it around.

CChris

• Anonymous - 2012-02-28

I agree with the OP. Why the hell would anyone want to boycott Notepad++?? Even if you take exception at China's Tibet policies, why take it out on a superb and eminently useful piece of software??

• Derell Licht

Derell Licht - 2012-04-04

Maybe that forum could be renamed to /dev/null ??

Then its purpose would be self-evident!!

• cchris

cchris - 2012-04-07

While this is a good idea, the forum should atract the posts it is supposd to trap and keep away from regular forums. /dev/null is too much obvious in this regard I think.
    Thinking aloud here… Notepad- ?

CChris

• Derell Licht

Derell Licht - 2012-04-09

Well, my feeling about Notepad- is similar to what I (and others) feel about "Boycott Notepad++" … having a forum on the Notepad++ support site, dedicated to criticizing/opposing the main product, seems counter-intuitive and self-critical. 

I understand (I think) from the preceding post, that this forum is actually dedicated to collecting some other kinds of traffic that is not relevant to supporting the product, but seeing a title like that on the forum list, just feels sort of icky (to use the technical term).

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks