About the PHP's hightlight

2004-06-12
2012-11-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I found the default function and user-defined function have the same color when i edit PHP file,For example,the "include()" is default function ,it have same color with user-defined function.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-06-16

Do you means "include" is not colourized?

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

yes

• Nobody/Anonymous

hi,Don
      My means is the system function and customer definition function,Their color should be different!

• Nobody/Anonymous

i have the same problem here.
      "class" is not coloured either, it has the DEFAULT colour.
      "new" for example instead has the WORD colour which is correct i guess.
      Further, all of PHP's default functions aren't highlighted.
      IMO, you shouldn't only be able to create a new highlighing for a language, but also edit all the present highlighting schemes in the program, further they should be stored as XML files i guess.
      Auto Completion could be improved too. One option that could be added is that the list pops up automatically when you start to type a new function(option, ie this can be turned off to get the behaviour as it is now, with ctrl+space).
      Further it would be nice if that list could also show you the function syntax, and also autocomplete the brackets/parentheses. I don't know if its wise to do that with a text file to store those APIs, maybe it's better to do that in XML aswell.
      For an example of this, you could check out PHPEdit, or Zend Studio, which i haven't tried but should probably do the same.

Nice work anyway if those glitches get fixed :)

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-07-16

Yes, it's a bug. it'll be corrected in v.2.3.

> but also edit all the present highlighting schemes
      > in the program, further they should be stored as
      > XML files i guess.

Yes, in the "lang.xml"

> One option that could be added is that the list
      > pops up automatically when you start to type
      > a new function

No. For the reason of performance (as well to be more generic - Notepad++ do also the other languages), this function should triggered by the users.

> Further it would be nice if that list could also
      > show you the function syntax

You mean the call tip? I'll maybe do it, but not right now.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

yes, call tip i guess, because sometimes you know the name of a function, but don't know its parameters/the order of its parameters anymore. Of course it's not that important, but nice to have in the distant future :)

One further problem i have with the current highlighting is, that when you put the cursor next to a brace/parenthesis and it gets highlighted, its highlighting is not only a different colour, but also its fontsize increases. There's a bug with that though, because every text after it doesn't move to the right and thus the brace/parenthesis is displayed over the following character when being highlighted.
      I hope you understand me and that this bug can be fixed, too :)

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-07-17

> There's a bug with that though, because every text
      > after it doesn't move to the right and thus the
      > brace/parenthesis is displayed over the following
      > character when being highlighted.

It's not a bug - in any case, I don't consider it as a bug.
      You can reduce the font size of brace via the Style Configurator.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

well, yes, it just looks.."weird" - though if the text behind it would move, that might look weird too, so i just changed it so its fontsize doesnt increase on highlighting, thanks.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-08-02

Now the PHP's highlighting should work perfectly.
      Please udgrade your old notepad++ version to v2.3.

Don

• Nobody/Anonymous

it works now, thanks!

Mike

• Nobody/Anonymous

I added every php function seperated by commas  to langs.xml under <Keywords name="instre1"></Keywords> as <Keywords name="type1"></Keywords>. I then added <WordsStyle name="FUNC1" styleID="128" fgColor="0000FF" bgColor="FEFCF5" fontName="" fontStyle="0" fontSize="" keywordClass="type1" /> in <LexerType name="php" desc="php" ext=""> but the keyword type doesn't show up in the configuration. Is there somethign else I need to change?

• Don HO

Don HO - 2004-12-23

Firstly, the separator is wite space.
        secondly you should add the keywords by using the Style Configurator.

Don