I can't run notepad++

smirnoww
2012-04-02
2012-11-20
  • smirnoww

smirnoww - 2012-04-02

today I had a problem with npp starting.
    i had uninstall it, i had creared the registry out of records contain "notepadpp" and selectively "npp".
    then had installed new 6.0 version. But i still have a problem with npp starting:
    when i run it i see the npp window and the dialog box with message: "An exceptio occured. Notepad++ cannot recover and must be shutdown. The exception details are as follows: Code: 0xC0000094  Type: Division by zero  Exception address: 0x10009197". I push Ok button, then i reject of saving dump, or accept. Any way then i see message box with message about attempting to save unsaved data. Then message:"Notepad++ was able to successfully recover some unsaved documents, or nothing to be saved could be found. You can find the results at: C:\Users\…\AppDate\Local\Temp\\N++RECOV". After that npp window closing.
    Can anybody help to recover npp?

• François-R Boyer

Have you tried to move files from the Application Data\Notepad++ folder, in case a corrupted configuration file would cause that error?

• Beshqena

Beshqena - 2012-11-20

I have a same problem. trying to run npp on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. had no previous versions of it installed.

does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks