Notepad++ 6.2 released!

Don HO
2012-10-09
2015-05-04
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 6 .. 8 > >> (Page 4 of 8)
  • François-R Boyer

Hi tarkus6599,

If your file is relatively small, and you don't mind that folding is not updated as you type (it is updated on buffer activation, on save and you can also configure a shortcut to update it), my ModelineParser ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/npppythonplugsq/files/Modeline%20Parser/ ) has an addon which supports option "foldmethod=indent" in the modeline.  Your file should not be large since updating folding is slow: around 2 seconds for 10 000 lines on my old Core2 laptop.

• arby tarkus

arby tarkus - 2012-10-30

Thanks frboyer,
    So let's say I create my hierarchy and save the file.
    Does that mean that when I click on a "+" or "-", the hierarchy will expand and collapse automatically, real-time?

• François-R Boyer

tarkus6599,
    Yes, "+" and "-" to expand and collapse are working as expected and are not slow (they are handled by the standard routines in Notepad++/Scintilla).  They also correctly move with text if you insert or delete lines, but will not update to have a new hierarchy until you save.

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-01

Hi Don,

I can't reproduce it either, but I have a pretty good idea where this problem comes from. I'll add some stricter limit checking.

Hi requem634 ,

Operator1 style keywords will be extended in the future. I can't say which version will feature this enhancement as I still need to deal with a number of issues before I start working on that.

Thank you and best regards,
    Loreia

• adginald

adginald - 2012-11-01

Loreia,

What a great improvement UDL 2.0 is. It fixes nearly all the shortcomings of the old UDL, many thanks for your work.

I have found one problem, however, concerning numbers. Here's how to reproduce it:

1. Open a new window, and set language to User Defined Language

2. Open the UDL dialogue, and set "number style" to a distinctive colour.

3. Type the following
        word 100 1.2 1.3e-2
    Notice that the numbers adopt the colour you specified. So far, so good.

4. Now put brackets round the numbers
        word (100 1.2 1.3e-2)

The first and last numbers will lose their special colour. That's because we haven't said that the brackets are an operator. If we were to add brackets as "operators" the special colour would be restored.

5. But I want brackets to be "folding" delimiters, so now add "(" as the "open" fold and ")" as the "close" fold.

The first number regains its special colour. But the last number does not. The "close" folding symbol has not been recognized as a delimiter. If I put a space after the number then the special colour is restored, but the space won't always be there. Furthermore, if I add brackets as operators, then they lose their folding powers.

I would be grateful if you could look into this, or explain if I'm doing something wrong. Fixing this would make UDL2 near perfect, IMHO.

Thanks again for a great piece of work,

adginald

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-01

Hi adginald,

you didn't attach userDefineLang.xml file, but I guess you defined ( ) as "Folding in code 2" type.
    Just copy ( ) to "Folding in code 1" type and you should be fine.

You can find detailed explanation here:
    http://udl20.weebly.com/folding-in-code.html
    http://udl20.weebly.com/introduction.html

Loreia

• adginald

adginald - 2012-11-01

Hi Loreia

Thanks for the quick reply. No, ( ) was defined in "Folding in code 1". To be sure I put ( ) in "Folding in code 2" also, but it made no difference.

I didn't attach userDefineLang.xml because I thought it was easier to outline a fairly simple way of reproducing the problem. Could you try it out using my steps above, starting with a blank "user define language"?

If you can't repeat it I will roll up a userdefineLang.xml file for you to try.

adginald

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-01

Hi adginald,

indeed, I can reproduce it. It is a bug (an omission really) and it will be fixed in next revision.
    I will let you know when next beta is released.

Loreia

• adginald

adginald - 2012-11-01

Thanks, Loreia, for the quick responses. I will look forward to the next version.

adginald

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-11-02

Loreia,

I finally reproduce the crash under both xp/windows7, by just applying the definded language (AutoIt).
    Could you recheck again ?

Don

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-02

Hi Don,

yes, I already answered on bug tracker. Issue is fixed and will be released with next UDL version.

BR
    Loreia

• Don HO

Don HO - 2012-11-02

Great! Thank you Loreia!

Don

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-11-07

Dear all,

I am using the new UDL 2.0 for highlighting syntax of Stata and I think it is great. Although I don’t know how to solve the following issue:

Stata uses the asterisk “*” as a comment if it starts a cade line and as the multiplier operator if it is in the middle of a line. For instance, if I place * in the “comment line style” field of the UDL 2.0, NP++ highlights everything after the * even when it has to be considered as an operator in the middle of a line. In resume my question is, how can I set UDL 2.0 up to make a distinction between * starting a line and * in the middle of a line given that the former is a comment and the latter is an operator?

I highly appreciate your time,

Pablo

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-08

Hi Pablo,

if you are using line comments (and not regular comments), you can take advantage of option "Force line comments at beginning of line"

BR
    Loreia

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-11-08

Dear Loreia,

Thank you so much for your response. Although, it is working partially for the purposes of programing in Stata because it is very common to indent paragraphs - i.e., press Tab in order to move line to the right-. Is there a way to set that “the beginning of the line” starts with a character (letter or operator) and not with a space or tab??

I would really appreciate your help because all my coworkers are merging to NotePad ++ for programing in Stata and they like it a lot, but this is issue does not allow them to program in the regular way they are used to.

Thank you.

Pablo

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-08

Hi pablo,

Although, it is working partially for the purposes of programing in Stata because it is very common to indent paragraphs - i.e., press Tab in order to move line to the right

Version that allows whitespace before line comments was finished but I lost it due to harddisk failure yesterday. I can't say when I am going to re-implement this.

Is there a way to set that “the beginning of the line” starts with a character (letter or operator) and not with a space or tab??

I did not understand. Can you explain this part again, preferably using examples?

BR
    Loreia

• John Bowman

John Bowman - 2012-11-08

calltip (autocomplete) xml file that works in version 5.8.7 and work in 6.1.7 seem to fail in 6.2.  I've attached the xls file I place in plugins\apis

http://www.filedropper.com/clsscript

If something has changed that I just need to update than that's fine - I just need to know.

-John Bowman

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-11-08

Dear Loreia,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In short, the question is regarding the same point above: allowing whitespaces before line comments would be very useful.

I will be super aware of this issue because, as I told you, NP++ is a new tool that I am promoting to implement in my unit and I would really like to give my coworkers all the facilities for their requests.

I really appreciate your time

Pablo

• John Bowman

John Bowman - 2012-11-08

I just reported a problem with calltip (autocomplete) but then i tested a clean installation of 6.2 and DID NOT have any problem!  It was something wrong with my previous install.  I'll figure that out.  Sorry I can't figure out how to delete the other post :P

-John Bowman

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-09

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In short, the question is regarding the same point above: allowing whitespaces before line comments would be very useful. I will be super aware of this issue because, as I told you, NP++ is a new tool that I am promoting to implement in my unit and I would really like to give my coworkers all the facilities for their requests. I really appreciate your time

Hi Pablo,

I get it now. You need to pick line comments only if they:
    a) start at beginning of line
    b) have nothing but white space before line comment on the same line

As I said this was already implemented earlier this week but got lost due to hard drive failure (before I did git push).
    Eventually, I will re-implement the same thing. Keep your eye on UDL2 thread:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/forums/forum/331753/topic/4631095/index/page/19

I just reported a problem with calltip (autocomplete) but then i tested a clean installation of 6.2 and DID NOT have any problem! It was something wrong with my previous install. I'll figure that out. Sorry I can't figure out how to delete the other post :P

Hi John,
    never mind about deleting the post, if you find a reliable way to reproduce this thing, I'd love to hear about sterps to reproduce it. Most probably it was caused by some plugin.

Loreia

• Glenn Cameron

Glenn Cameron - 2012-11-10

Hi,

I've just updated to v6.2 & UDL 2.0, love it, so much more flexibility.

In the custom scripting language I develop in, labels are defined as a phrase followed by a colon, e.g. ThisIsMyLabel: which I don't think is that unusual amongst languages. It would be great to use UDL to highlight labels as the : isn't necessarily the easiest character to find on screen but I can't find a way to do it. I've tried everything I can think of and scoured the forums but can't seem to find anything, so any help would be appreciated.

Using keywords, you can use the prefix checkbox but I think what I need is the reverse, i.e. a suffix checkbox.

Once again, great job on UDL 2.0 and hope someone out there can help me.

Thanks

Glenn

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2012-11-11

Hi Glenn,

suffix is not supported for keywords, so there is nothing you can do about it with current feature set in UDL2.
    Temporary fix could be to got with something like
    :label:
    label_thisISMyLabel:

This would allow you to define prefixed keywords:
    :
    label_

But this requires changing the code base.

Best regards,
    Loreia

• Mah

Mah - 2012-11-13

Hi
    I've just updated to v6.2 & UDL 2.0, It's very flexible.
    But i have problem with folder Section.
    I used user define language.
    open with:
    do Macro Dbox

and close with:

end enditem endMacro endDbox

and use some kayword such as:
    Popdown RunMacro

[color=blue]Macro[/color] "Test" 
         Pop[color=blue]do[/color]wn Menu "VariantNumber"
         For net = 38 to 39 [color=blue]do[/color]
        Run[color=blue]macro[/color]("Empty")
         [color=green]end[/color]
    [color=green]end[/color][color=blue]Macro[/color]

in my editor Folder open by Blue Color and Close by Green Color

Best Regards

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 6 .. 8 > >> (Page 4 of 8)