Notepad++ 6.2 released!

Don HO
2012-10-09
2015-05-04
<< < 1 .. 5 6 7 8 > >> (Page 7 of 8)
  • bmn13

bmn13 - 2014-02-26

Oh yeah, one last thing. Is it possible to have a Delimiter only trigger when first in line? Or only if surrounded by word margins.

Todo.txt does mark completed items with an "x" at the beginning of the line. With my current setup both of the following lines become highlighted from the position of the "x" to the ((EOL)):

• x This is a finished task
    • I went to Phoenix for a game of golf

I only wnat the "x" in the first example to trigger the highlighting.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
    Tim

• Thomas

Thomas - 2014-02-26

Moin, moin,

Thanks for providing the UDL for Notepad++.

As SAP developer I am interested in high lighting and folding for ABAP. I downloaded some definitions from different sources but all are disappointing.

One of the main disadvantages is that the marks defined for folding can start in the middle of the word. In ABAP the subroutine starts with FORM, ends with ENDFORM and is called with PERFORM. Unfortunately when a subroutine is called with a subroutine, the FROM part of PERFORM is treated as begin of a new subroutine.

An other issue is that ABAP has both: comment indicator which must be placed in the first column (the star character - *) and a comment indicator which can be placed at any column. Both comment indicators are valid until end of line.

Perhaps you can consider to make these features available in your next implementation of UDL.

Please find attached a ABAP source (which is meaningless) but syntactically correct ABAP code. So you can evaluate your changes.

Please let me know, if I can help you with identifying further things for ABAP.

Regards,
    Thomas

Attachments
  • Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-02-26

Hi Thomas,

here is a sample udl.xml file that defines folding for ABAP language. If you need further eplanations, let me know, but everything should be clear once you import my definition.

BR,
    Loreia

Attachments
    • Thomas

Thomas - 2014-02-28

Hi Loreia,

Thanks for providing your ABAP definition. This works fine for me.

I discovered that the german translation missed to mention the support of separator characters for "folding in code 2 style".

Regards,
      Thomas

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-03-03

Hi Thomas,

what separator character?

BR,
        Loreia

• Thomas

Thomas - 2014-06-20

Hi Loreia,

In the attached screen shots I marked the English text and the German translation. Unfortunately the German translation does not the separator characters :-(

I already informed Jan Schreiber about my suggestion of improvement.

Regards,
          Thomas

Last edit: Thomas 2014-06-20
  • Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-02-26

Hi Tim,

UDL 3.0 will allow to define position of all delimiters, in UDL2.X (current version) only line comments have this feature. You can use line comments to mark lines starting with an "x", and delimiters for all other TODO lines.

Does that help?

BR,
    Loreia

• bmn13

bmn13 - 2014-02-27

Perfect Loreia, you're the man.

I now have a good working todo.txt highlighting file.
      Guess I'll submit it to the list here https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/notepad-plus/index.php?title=User_Defined_Language_Files

Sir Thanks-A-Lot for the great support.

Regards
      Tim

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-03-03

Hi Tim,

thanks for submitting definition to WIKI. Sharing UDL definitions is the way to go.

BR,
        Loreia

• Andrew Miller

Andrew Miller - 2014-02-27

Would it be possible to merge the user defined languages with the other languages in the Language menu? I now have 12 user defined languages and the menu is getting a quite long!

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-03-03

Hi Andrew,

I thought I was the only person more than two UDL definitions :-)
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need so many language definitions?

I guess I could have UDL definitions show in submenu after X, say 10, languages are defined. I am not sure this feature is going to make it into UDL 3.0 cycle, so if UDL 3.0 is out without this thing, feel free to remind me again of it.

BR,
    Loreia

• Andrew Miller

Andrew Miller - 2014-03-15

Hi Loreia,

I've only recently started playing around with UDLs so a lot of the ones I have are ones that I have created. I'll submit them to the wiki page when I'm finished.

When I mentioned the Language menu my idea was to merge them into the currently defined menus for the built in languages e.g. if I create a UDL with a name beginning with "L" then that should appear in the "L" submenu along with LISP and Lua. My C skills aren't great but I'll see if I can modify the current source code and submit a patch.

I've just submitted a patch for the other issue I mentioned - increasing the UDL name length from 15 to 20. I've tested it and it seems to be working ok so it would be good if this can be used in the next release.

Andrew

Last edit: Andrew Miller 2014-03-15
  • Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-03-16

Hi Andrew,

I don't care where in Language menu UDL langs end up. As far as I am concerned it could go to any place in the menu, but since your request means changing old behaviour, it should be coordinated with Don Ho.

When you send him the patch, try discussing this suggeszion with him.

BR,
    Loreia

• Mohamed Sadek

Mohamed Sadek - 2014-04-01

How it is possible to define XML like folding styles like: <start> ..... </start> ?

Last edit: Mohamed Sadek 2014-04-01
  • Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-04-01

Hi Mohamed Sadek,

did you try to use Folder in code 2 style?

BR,
    Loreia

• Daniel Ylitalo

Daniel Ylitalo - 2014-05-04

I'm trying to figure something out in UDL2 and can't seem to be finding a solution, so I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible.

In the default theme in notepad++ for php the open tag <?php has a different color than the operator < and ?

How does one do this in UDL? I've added <?php as a keyword, but both < ? is in the operator box and seems to have precedence over normal keywords so the <?php never gets colored as its supposed to. Although this seems to have been done somehow in the theme that comes with notepad++ by default.

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-05-04

Hi Daniel,

try to define a Delimiter as:
    open: <?
    close: php

That should to the trick.

BR,
    Loreia

• Hyug

Hyug - 2014-06-16

Hi

UDL is awesome but i am expériencing an issue with LF / CRLF end of lines, as if there is a line shifting.
    For exemple :

If ...
    Else
    Endif
    Case ...
    When ...
    Endcase

When collapsing "Else" statement I get :

if ...
    else
    [---]
    when ...
    endcase

The Case statement has gone... And it goes worse until the end of the script.

Have I done something wrong ?

Thanks for your reply.

• Thomas

Thomas - 2014-06-20

Hi Loreia,

Because you are already working on UDL 3.0 I just want to mention some area of psooible improvemants.

1)
    When enable folding for comments the first line of a block is ignored at the start of the file. The folding mark is placed correctly when the comment block is in the middle of the file. (red marks in the attached screen shot)

2)
    There is a similar issue with end of file: key words are not recognized at the end of file (if no other character - like a line break - follows)

3)
    There exist issues with "number": one connot switch of the special handling of the dot-character. As you can see in the marked green area I formated number to be displayed as red. In line 14 the number is displayed as normal text and in line 15 the number is diaplay in red because of the inserted space character. Unfortunately inserting the space character manually is not an option because the pretty printer within SAP always will remove it.

4)
    Because of the special handling of the dot-character I need to add "ENDIF." and "ENDIF" in the list of keywords (to recognize fold words safely).

Regards,
    Thomas

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-06-20

Hi Hyug,

that particular bug is solved in latest beta version:
    goo.gl/Bo3emS

Full solution will only be implemented in UDL 3.0 version.

Regards,
    Loreia

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-06-20

Hi Thomas,

1) Thanks for info, this will be fixed in UDL 3.0
    2) same as 1)
    3) you need to define dot as Operator1 type
    4) either that or tell to UDL what dot is (an Operator). So, the fix is the same as 3)

UDL deals with text, it only sees that ENDIF. and ENDIF are not the same (likewise 1 and 1.). User needs to "teach" UDL what is the difference between ENDIF. and ENDIF
    You do that by defining dot as an Operator1.

Regards,
    Loreia

• Thomas

Thomas - 2014-06-20

Hi Loreia,

Thanks for your hint with adding the dot as operator1. It fixes the issue with the dot-character.

Regards,
      Thomas

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-06-20

Regarding German translation, Jan Schreiber is the guy to talk to. I trust he will take care of it in next release.

Regards,
    Loreia

• Thomas

Thomas - 2014-06-20

Hi Loreia,

I already sent an E-Mail to Jan in the beginning of march. Is there a better way to contact him?

Regards,
      Thomas

<< < 1 .. 5 6 7 8 > >> (Page 7 of 8)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks