Are there any documents "how it wo...

Jan Bright
2011-07-14
2012-11-14
  • Jan Bright

Jan Bright - 2011-07-14

Hello, I'm novice here, but trying to use NP++and I like it.

Now I need three things:

make ESC closing console view (not open/close as is at the moment),

set up my own folding (generally like python: by indents but with some special characters)

and "paste data in my specific format": "trim" current line and insert "@DD.MM.YYYY, HH:MM" at the beginning.

How can I begin with these changes? Can anybody mastered  guide me on it?

Thank you

• Jan Bright

Jan Bright - 2011-07-14

Sorry, I did not point, two things: I'm familiar with python more or less and I found plugins\PythonScript\scripts, but I did not find neither a way to get these examples working nor documentation, describes it.

• Jan Bright

Jan Bright - 2011-07-14

And another 'big' problem: can I fix "multilple search" (Find all…) dialog to show only one line, even in case of more than one substring found in the line? Or there is should be developer's fix?

• Jan Bright

Jan Bright - 2011-07-20

Hmm… What's wrong with the questions above? Is anybody here?

• Dave Brotherstone

make ESC closing console view (not open/close as is at the moment)

You'd need to ask on the plugin development forum for that - it'd need to be built into the NppExec plugin

set up my own folding (generally like python: by indents but with some special characters)

Folding is done by the lexer - it's possible to write your own lexer, generally in C++ but possible in other languages, or for simple langauges you can define a user defined langauge (although this doesn't allow folding-by-indents)

and "paste data in my specific format": "trim" current line and insert "@DD.MM.YYYY, HH:MM" at the beginning.

That can be done with a script.  Check you've actually got the Python Script plugin (Python Script menu in the plugins menu) - if not, you can install it with plugin manager.  Documentation for all the features is here - http://npppythonscript.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!

Dave.

• Jan Bright

Jan Bright - 2011-07-22

Thank you, Dave
    I'll try at this weekend to do somethin useful