Python Notepad++ question

• Derril Lucci

Derril Lucci - 2011-02-10

To start, I would like to say that I am a noob at notepad++ but have been programming for almost 10 years.  Anyway, I am running notepad++  5.8.7 on Windows 7 with python 2.7.1.  My problem is that when I run my program (a basic "Hello World" program), the output dialog opens then closes.  It stays open for maybe .1 seconds.  I know I can fix it if I add a sleep command, but that would then involve threading and I feel there is an easier solution to the problem. 
    Any help is appreciated.

• abrar shah14356

abrar shah14356 - 2011-02-15

unbelive able cyber technology that are introducing in futher with high parformance must watch it

• Dr. Phillip M. Feldman

I'm also a noob at Notepad++, but I'm reasonably good at Python.  If you post your code, I'll see if I can do something with it.

• Dave Brotherstone

If you're firing python off with a run command or something, then that will happen.  You could take a look at Python Script plugin, and then look at this script - - and then you can run your script directly within Notepad++. 

Alternatively you could also run your script with NppExec - that will run it in the NppExec window so you can see the output in that window.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks