lets start the debate.

Morals
2003-12-17
2004-04-30
  • James Griffin

James Griffin - 2003-12-17

well, we seem to be moving in a direction which is wonderfull. This seems to be a opertune time to ask:

What are your intentions for being involved with this project?

what this system will be capable of IS in the realm of being as beneficial and destructive as atomic fission. in the right hands it will help civilization. in the wrong hands it will anihilate it.

I just want to make sure nobody here has profit as their first motivation. or the actual detruction of the Earth. you know, the simple things 8).

griffman

• Jonathan Rumion

Jonathan Rumion - 2003-12-17

I just want to make sure nobody here has profit as their first motivation. or the actual detruction of the Earth. you know, the simple things 8).

Yeah, you know, its only the entire human race, nothing big or important, besides, I'm sure the machines will survive ;)

I'm here, because I want to expand on something unique. as far as I know, there are no other projects like this one, and if there are please tell me. A computer that could solve most of our worlds problems, and as fast as physics will alow it to happen. And a place to pour the ideas that no one thinks are a possibility,  and to make those ideas a reality. Those are all reasons I am here.

But I think the number one reason I am here, to make the next step in technology.

• Victor Manuel Camacho Ruiz

I don't think that machines will destruct the world unless we design them to do it!.
      When I entered this project all I had in mind was the enthusiasm to work on something.
      I was looking for a good project and I found nostradamus. The idea is so good not only because it's originality but because we can take the computers to the next level, intelligence.
      Maybe we will never reach the goals of nostradamus, but we can give it a try and I'm sure we can succeed.
      Machines can't do what we didn't program, even though they can learn by themselves, they couldn't learn the evil part of the human, since they will be programmed to do the right things and correct the wrong ones!

• Gopal

Gopal - 2004-04-30

the purpose of the ai is to support the mankind in what ever they do.If one is going for destructing the world ,ai also going for destructing and if and if and if.
      there are lot's of possibility but this project is going to the real intelligence.computer is fast calculator and it's only deal with number. Our task is to "Make the number to think". I'm in this project because it is really very hard project to develope and it's fun to program such a thing.