From: Max Schubert <nmap@we...> - 2004-03-07 15:33:36
Nmap::Scanner is a perl module that allows a programmer to easily
create scripts that use nmap with perl.
Version .7 of Nmap::Scanner is now available for download.
Special thanks to Mario Manno for joining this project as a
developer and for his many contributions to this release.
Highlights of this release include:
* Convert XML output from module to be nmap DTD-compliant
* Convert all classes/attributes to match nmap XML names
* Clean up class attribute initializers to get rid of
many 'undefined value' warnings when running under perl 5.8.
* Improved error handling.
* Module can now act on nmap XML output files to re-create
previously performed scans (scan_from_file() method).
* Module still provides method to just start a scan and
return open file handles and nmap PID via IPC (open_nmap()).
* Much improved nmap binary finding code for Windows systems
* Many smaller bug fixes.
* Moved project to Source Forge.
Thank you to everyone who posted problems, suggestions and patches.
Your input is much appreciated!
You can get the latest release via the Nmap::Scanner home page:
Please feel free to post any questions / problems / suggestions
you have to the Source Forge mailing list for this project, to
the 'Help' forum available on the Source Forge project page, or to
the bug tracker available via the SourceForge project page: