Menu

Reporting antivirus false positives

Nikkho
2015-03-16
2015-04-16
  • Newtomic

Newtomic - 2015-03-18

Vote done!

I use AVAST and I already have the FO folder in the exclusions list.

• Nikkho

Nikkho - 2015-03-18

Thanks, hope in that they will fix their signatures.
    In particular for Avast, I already reported that, and it get fixed, until broken again.

• Nico919

Nico919 - 2015-04-04

I have Avast and have added C:\Program Files\FileOptimizer to the exclusion list but still get false positives in the USERS/AppData/Temp folder - which I don't want to exclude as it is obviously used by other programs.

Any suggestions how to avoid this please?

• Nikkho

Nikkho - 2015-04-04

System temp folder is used for copying the files to be optimized. They are optimized there, and then if optimization was OK, moved again to the original location.

It is not used for any FileOptimizer or plugin executables, so I guess the false positive is coming from a file you are optimizing, rather than FileOptimizer itself.

Better report the false detection to developers here: https://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?subject=VIRUS-FILE

• Nikkho

Nikkho - 2015-04-16

Again with 7.40 we are facing again lots of false detections, in this case related to plugins pngout.exe and flacout.exe

To be honest I am very tired of wasting my time reporting those issues to AV vendors. Just did again to Avast, Avira, Bitdefender and Virustotal.

Please report this bugs to your AV vendors, or else exclude from analysis the Plugins32/Plugins64 folders until they correct the problem.