Menu

The eclipse plugin

2006-08-20
2013-05-02
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello

I've been trying to build the eclipse plugin without success.  I'm using Eclipse 3.2.  One problem is the eclipse dependencies.  Things like IResource and IFile were not being found.  I ended up just including everything in the eclipse plugin directory.  That solved the IFile, IResource problem, but now I have another problem.

The _builder.nice file has a declaration:

let String NICE_MODEL_PROBLEM_MARKER = NICE_PLUGIN_ID + ".problem";

NICE_PLUGIN_ID is defined in nice.eclipse.core and _builder does do a import nice.eclipse.core;, but I still get a NICE_PLUGIN_ID not declared error.

What version of eclipse are people using to get this thing built?

On a side note, at http://nice.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Doc/HelloSwingWorld

the code has a import nice.ui.common;  Is that found in a separate jar?

• Artem Grinblat

Artem Grinblat - 2006-08-20

Eclipse plugin is not under active development. I would recommend you to add the ".nice" extension to the list of Java extensions: In "Preferences" look for "General/Editors/File Associations" and for "*.nice" associate the "Java Editor". This will enable Java syntax highlighting and identation.

• Nobody/Anonymous

So you're saying that the code is completely useless and nobody should work on it?  Wasn't there a new plugin that was supposed to have been started?  The eclipse plugin mailing list seemed to have indicated that.

I fixed the previous problem by using "fun", but now  I"m getting some weirdness with:

[nicec] C:\Nice\eclipse\src\nice\eclipse\core\builder\NiceBuilder.nice: line 54, column 37:
            [nicec] sourcePath is not declared

That is strange because /src/bossa/modules/Compilation.java(*.nice) seems to indicate otherwise.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I had previously associated *.nice to *.java in file associations.  It sort of works.  Syntax highlighting doesn't seem to.

• Artem Grinblat

Artem Grinblat - 2006-08-21

Syntax highlighting works for .nice files at least in Eclipse 3.1.2