From: Uwe Hermann <uh1763@he...> - 2001-02-11 16:22:47
Yesterday I released nhtsclient 0.5.9, the ncurses-based Holsham Traders
Get it from:
Lots of improvements were made, e.g.:
* The version number jumped from 0.5.1 to 0.5.9, so that we are in sync
* nhtsclient now requires GLib 1.3.2, htsserver 0.5.9, a recent ncurses
and libmikmod >= 3.1.7 for optional sound support.
Please read the installation instructions in the README!
* We now use autoconf 2.49c and the latest CVS automake.
* Logging to stderr is not possible anymore, as it destroys the ncurses
screen, which is not what we want. But you can still log to a file.
* Rewrite of the logging code from scratch. We now use the GLib
functions g_message(), g_warning() and g_error().
* Removed the commandline arguments --verbosity and --logdest and the
respective config file options.
* Comply to the FHS.
* Added configure options --with-configfile, --with-logfile and
* Rewrite from scratch of the config file parser using GLib's
* We use htsprotocol 0.4.6 now.
* We handle a lot more server commands now.
* Many documentation updates. Added nhtsclient.conf(5) manpage.
* There's support for configurable colors in the configfile now. The
format of the configfile changed. See nhtsclient.conf(5).
* Added commandline options --host, --port, --configfile, --logfile
* Commandline options take precedence before their configfile
* Heavy code restructuring, rewriting and beautifying. Many other
* Print a warning if we use another version of htsprotocol than the
server we connect to.
* Sound support is optional now, i.e. libmikmod is not absolutely
* Fixed several format string vulnerabilities and lots of other bugs.
* There are a lot more changes. See ChangeLog for details.
Uwe Hermann <uh1763@...>
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.