SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

compiling ngspice 25 for intel phi

Chaitali
2013-07-11
2013-07-15
  • Chaitali

Chaitali - 2013-07-11

I want to compile ngspice 25 on intel phi. Is it possible to compile natively
    for intel phi? I am not getting any online information for above topic.

Any help is appreciated.

• Holger Vogt

Holger Vogt - 2013-07-15

Chaitali,

obviously none of the maintainers is running intel phi. If somebody else has used it, you will have to wait for his or her answer. Thus it is not very helpful to place your request on all our trackers.

If you have intel phi, and it runs a native LINUX oprating system, you should have available all tools to compile ngspice yourself. So why not just start? Please have a look at the actual manual, chapter 32, for compilation with LINUX. If you then face problems, you might send your questions with the technical details, and we might try to answer them.

Holger

• Holger Vogt

Holger Vogt - 2013-07-15

Chaitali,

it seems to me, that when your environment is MS Windows, and you have MS Visual Studio and Intel® Composer Xe package (or similar) installed, you also might start experiments on compiling ngspice (see http://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/article/393203/intel-xeon-phi-programming-environment.pdf) for intel phi.

ngspice uses OpenMP for multithreading (only for BSIM3 and BSIM4 transistor model evaluation), runnable on multi-cores. Its code is not prepaired for running with benefit on co-processors.

You might also think of massive parallelization of ngspice using several invokations of shared ngspice library and a suitable master controller software (to be defined by yourself).

Holger