I have to upgrade ngspice installed on my linux machine from 23 to 24.
Can you please let me know the steps to upgrade it?
you will need the complete installation of ngspice24.
Download tarball from
Select a directory for expanding. Expand the tarball with
tar -zxvf ngspice-24.tar.gz
Goto ngspice-24 directory and have a look at file INSTALL for further instructions.
If there are any problems, please let us know. You may also have a look at chapt. 31 from the recent manual for more details.
to be more precise:
You will have to compile and then install ngspice.
So in addition to the tools named in INSTALL you will need gcc (GNU compiler) for C.
I followed the below steps to install ngspice-24.
1. tar -zxvf ngspice-24.tar.gz
2. cd ngspice-24
3. mkdir -p release
4. cd release
5. ../configure <with options>
7. sudo make install
However when I run the ngspice command terminal it show me the old ngspice -23 version.
Do I need to change the other file of system also which are pointing to ngspice-23?
probably you have another ngspice on your system.
you should have removed that first.
to identify such an issue, type
on your shell command line,
and compare the answer with your expectations.
to upgrade from ngspice 23 to ngspice24
I have followed the following steps.
1) downloaded ngspice-24.tar
2) opened on of my drives and made a folder and right clicked on .tar and clicked extract to that folder.
3) thrgh terminal using cd have gone to that folder location
4) $./configure -help or $../configure any option for the matter gives error message as:-
bash: ./configure: Permission denied
Log in to post a comment.